Plugin allows users to integrate 3D content directly in Adobe Illustrator CC.
FRIEDRICHSDORF, GERMANY -- MAXON, the leading developer of the professional 3D modeling, animation, painting and rendering solution Cinema 4D, announced the release of Cineware for Illustrator, a plugin that allows 3D objects to added to and edited directly within Adobe Illustrator CC.
Cineware for Illustrator uses the same powerful 3D engine as Cinema 4D. Users can import any Cinema 4D file, and tweak the view, lighting and textures in order to integrate 3D elements with 2D designs or use 3D elements as templates when creating vector artwork in Adobe Illustrator.
MAXON has partnered with Turbosquid, the leading online source for 3D models, to provide Cineware for Illustrator users a “jump start” into the third dimension with a collection of ready-to-use 3D models including common product packaging and other 3D objects. And, of course, users of Cinema 4D can create and share their own custom 3D content for use in Adobe Illustrator.
Motion designers have enjoyed similar integration of Cinema 4D technology within Adobe After Effects CC since the introduction of the Cineware bridge in 2013. Cineware for Illustrator offers even more power, allowing designers to adjust object visibility, textures and lighting from within Adobe Illustrator. This introduces a powerful workflow for designers to visualize product labels, incorporate rich 3D content into Illustrator composites, or even arrange 3D elements as guides for form and perspective when creating vector artwork.
“Cinema 4D has long offered a fantastic, easy-to-learn toolset for product visualization and graphic design,” says Harald Egel, managing partner at MAXON. “With Cineware for Illustrator we’re making both the Cinema 4D toolset and 3D in general more accessible to designers, and plan to develop this workflow even further in the future.”
Cineware for Adobe Illustrator Feature Highlights
- 3D Objects: Rotate, position and show/hide individual 3D objects from any Cinema 4D scene, all within Adobe Illustrator.
- Materials: Adjust the color, reflection, luminance, transparency, and bump directly within Adobe Illustrator. Users can even apply vector artwork to the surface of 3D models.
- Cameras: Switch between pre-set cameras or use simple navigation tools to choose preferred viewing angle.
- Lights: Enable or disable lights, and change their color to set a mood and emphasize shapes.
- Integrate: Workflow allows easy removal of the background by choosing the automatically created alpha map so 3D elements can be integrated into existing vector artwork.
Cineware for Illustrator is available at no cost for MacOS and Windows 10 on the MAXON web site.