Company’s first subscription-based option offers professional 3D software at a lower price.
FRIEDRICHSDORF, GERMANY -- Maxon, developer of professional 3D modeling, animation, and rendering software solutions, has announced the first subscription-only release of their 3D application software, Cinema 4D Subscription Release 22 (S22). The next generation of Maxon’s 3D application offers users early access to significant performance and interactivity improvements including UV unwrapping and editing tools, improved selection and modeling tool functionality, organizational licensing for volume customers and updated viewport technology with support for Metal on macOS. In addition, Maxon has boosted Cinema 4D’s pipeline compatibility with GLTF export, improved GoZ integration with Z-Brush, and support for node-based materials in FBX and Cineware.
Cinema 4D S22 is immediately available for subscription customers. For perpetual license holders of Cinema 4D, a release is scheduled later this year that will incorporate the features of S22, as well as additional enhancements.
“In September last year, we introduced subscription-based options so we could offer professional 3D software at a significantly lower price,” explained Maxon CEO, Dave McGavran. “This allows us to deliver more frequent improvements and enhancements to our subscription customers. S22 offers subscription users early access to powerful solutions like the much-requested UV tools improvements and organizational license management for our volume customers. And yes, we will roll all these features and more into an upgrade later this year for our perpetual customers.”
S22 Feature Highlights
New UV Workflow Enhancements, Improved Packing and Automatic UVs
- Improved selection tools, visualization tools and a progressive unwrapping workflow make it much simpler to define a UV map, while new packing algorithms optimize texture resolution. A new automatic UV unwrapping option based on the Ministry of Flat licensed technology developed by Eskil Steenberg of Quel Solaar makes it easy to create a basic unwrap with minimal distortion and overlaps for baking and texture painting.
- Cinema 4D's new viewport core provides a framework to make the best use of graphics technology in the coming years, with full support for Apple Metal. Users enjoy a more accurate view of the 3D scene, improved filtering and multi-instance performance.
Pipeline - GTLF export, GoZ Integration and More
- GLTF export offers users a flexible and efficient format for sharing 3D animations on the web and within AR applications, while GoZ integration offers a smooth workflow with Pixologic Z-Brush for advanced sculpting. Support for Nodal materials within FBX and Cineware expands the pipeline for advanced materials.
Modeling Tools Improvements
- In addition to many small usability enhancements, modeling tools are faster and more robust, and better preserve mesh attributes like UV and vertex maps, thanks to a new core architecture.
Organizational Licensing Options
- Volume License Customers can leverage organizational accounts within the MyMaxon ecosystem to assign licenses to individual users or groups, coupling the flexibility of floating licenses with the accessibility and reliability of Maxon’s servers.
More information regarding Cinema 4D S22, including pricing and system requirements, is available on the Maxon website.