Iconic portfolio includes ‘Barbie,’ ‘Hot Wheels,’ ‘Fireman Sam,’ ‘Monster High,’ ‘Thomas & Friends,’ ‘Bob the Builder,’ and Fisher-Price brands including the new first series of ‘Little People.’
CANNES, FRANCE -- Mattel has unveiled its all-new 2016 content slate at this year’s MIPCOM, featuring its iconic and globally renowned portfolio of popular brands. The Mattel portfolio contains titles including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fireman Sam. Monster High, Thomas & Friends, Bob the Builder and Fisher-Price brands, including the new first series of Little People.
In 2016, fans can once again look forward to a new range of engaging and exciting content across multiple platforms, including new movie specials, series and fresh short-form content.
“Our biggest ever portfolio continues to excite and evolve in 2016, with yet more digital distribution set to build upon and expand our traditional TV offering,” said Siddharth Mathur, Mettel's SVP of Strategic Development. “Mattel continues to lead the way in the sector, providing consumers with rich content across the world's most popular brands in multiple markets around the world.”
Mattel is announcing the following new content slate at MIPCOM 2015, demonstrating the extensive catalog across its core brand portfolio.
Thomas & Friends
- It’s full steam ahead for Thomas & Friends in 2016 as the landmark 20th series of the much-loved show is launched
- New DVD Start Your Engines includes six unseen episodes from series 19. From challenges and races, to rescue operations and football matches, there’s never a dull moment when the engines take to the rails at Sodor speed!
- The latest 60-minute DVD movie special features 12 new international engines and finds Thomas preparing for “The Great Race”, but the big engines just laugh at him. They say he’s not big or strong or fast enough to compete with the best from around the world, but Thomas is determined to find a way. Only when Thomas learns that he can just be himself does he find a way to compete. It looks like he might get to the show after all, until a devious plan of Diesel's threatens his chances once again
Bob the Builder
- Hot on the heels of its successful first new CG animated series of Bob the Builder, series two will hit screens in Autumn 2016 featuring three new and dynamic vehicles
- Bob is everyone’s favourite builder and, with his team, he continues to entertain pre-schoolers telling stories through positivity and teamwork
- A range of all-new consumer products lines are also set to roll out globally next year
- Based on the iconic Fisher-Price Little People brand, an all-new animated series bringing its much loved characters to life will air in 2016
- Viewers can look forward to following characters including Sofie, Eddie, Mia, Koby and Tessa as they enjoy adventures in fun locations. Each episode has engaging and inspiring titles such as ”Just Compare Yourself to You”, “Don’t Be Selfish Said the Shellfish!” and “No Shortcuts to Responsibility”.
- The animated pre-school series showcases the social and emotional benefits of imagination and group play on a child’s early development, promoting problem solving to overcome obstacles
- Fireman Sam and the crew are back with more heroic rescues for a tenth series due to air in Spring/Summer 2016
- Series 10 contains an Animal Rescue sub-theme that will introduce all new uniforms and a brand new vehicle – Phoenix! Equipped with a heaving lifting arm, now Sam’s team can come to the rescue of all sorts of animals in distress!
- Fireman Sam goes digital in the new series as we introduce the new Fire Station! Brought up-to-date for today’s generation, the new station is equipped with touch screen control panels and automated alerts
- No emergency is too big for the Pontypandy Fire Service, so whether it’s a sheep stranded on a rooftop or Norman Price racing off on a runaway horse, Sam, Penny, Elvis and Steele, together with new recruits Arnold and Ellie, are just a phone call away
GIRLS & BOYS PORTFOLIO
- Get ready to rock! In autumn 2015, Barbie launched the all-new title, Barbie In Rock n Royals. In this upbeat musical, Barbie stars as Courtney, a princess whose world is turned upside down when she switches places with Erika, a famous rockstar.
- Fans can look forward to three new specials in 2016, each featuring original storylines, music and adventures sure to excite and engage Barbie enthusiasts from around the world. In Spring 2016, Barbie and her best friends Teresa and Renee transform from hardworking gymnasts to undercover secret agents in the all new exciting, action-packed adventure “Barbie Spy Squad”. This will be followed by the fall tent pole event, “Barbie Starlight” and the new fun adventure featuring Barbie and her sisters, “Barbie in Puppy Pursuit”.
- Monster High, the runaway monster hit, continues to engage with fans around the world and encourages them to BOO – Be out of the ordinary! Two new CG animated movies will be introduced in 2016.
- In spring 2016, join favorite ghoul friends of Monster High in an all-new aquatic adventure, Great Scarrier Reef. The ghouls get pulled into the school pool and they’re transporting to the gore-gous underwater world of The Great Scarrier Reef.
- In Fall 2016, fans will be treated to the untold origins story of Monster High and the Monsters that live among us in Welcome to Monster High.
Ever After High
- Ever After High is a high school for the next generation of fairytales where princesses are powerful and spellbinding students choose to follow in the footsteps of their fairytale parents or rewrite their own happily ever after
- In 2016, Mattel releases two brand new Netflix original series, starting in the Spring of 2016 with Dragon Games where the Evil Queen threatens to take over Ever After High, and the entire fairytale world, and it’s up to Apple, Raven and their friends to defeat her. This will be followed by Epic Winter in fall of 2016 where Crystal Winter’s father, the Snow King, is under an evil curse and is threatening eternal winter across the land. Crystal and her friends must journey across snowbound castles in order to save the day
- Max Steel is turbo-charged with two brand new series. Brand new Max Steel Team Turbo is set for release Spring 2016 and will see Max and Steel face their greatest challenge ever! When Max’s greatest enemies unite to take down N-Tek and conquer Copper Canyon, Max and Steel realize that they can’t save the day on their own. It’s time to form a new team of heroes with Tempestra, La Fiera, and Cytro – TEAM TURBO!
- Max Steel Team Turbo Fusion Tek is set for release autumn 2016. Max Steel and his new Turbo Team are put to the test when a Robot Zombie rises from the grave intent on eating all of humanity’s brainwaves! Can Team Turbo survive to stop the Technopocalypse?
Source: Mattel, Inc.