Blue Zoo Animation earns Independent Production Company honor, while ‘Hey Duggee’ wins preschool animation category.
LONDON -- The British Academy of Film and Television Arts announced Sunday the winners for the annual British Academy Children’s Awards.
Magic Light Pictures’ animated films of Roald Dahl’s Revolting Rhymes won in the animation category.
Blue Zoo Animation Studio won for Independent Production Company of the Year, its first win at the awards following nominations in 2014 and 2016. Pokémon Go, the location-based augmented reality game, won in the Game category. Earlier this year, it won a BAFTA at the 2017 British Academy Games Awards.
In other categories, SpongeBob SquarePants triumphed in International, Netflix’s The Little Prince won for Feature Film, and History Bombs: Online History Resources won for Learning.
Online education channel TrueTube won Channel of the Year, the first time the category has gone to an online-only channel.
The ceremony was hosted by Doc Brown at the Roundhouse, and presenters included Peter Andre, Matt Baker, Angellica Bell, Hugh Dennis, Rochelle Humes, Pixie Lott, Jordan Banjo and Perri Kiely.
The full list of winners:
- Jacqueline Wilson
- Revolting Rhymes -- Production Team -- Magic Light Pictures/BBC One
Channel of the Year
- Class Dismissed -- Sid Cole, Claire McCarthy, Tracey Rooney -- CBBC Productions/CBBC
- Like Me -- Adam Tyler, Bob Ayres, Toby Lloyd -- CTVC Ltd/TrueTube
- Bear Grylls' Survival School -- Michael Kelpie, Phil Mount, Bear Grylls -- Potato for ITV Studios/CiTV
- Inside My Head: A Newsround Special -- Charlotte Ingham, Josh Gale -- CBBC Productions/CBBC
- The Little Prince -- Mark Osborne, Aton Soumache, Alexis Vonarb, Dimitri Rassam -- ON Animation Studios and Netflix/Netflix
- Pokémon Go -- Development Team -- Niantic/Pokémon
Independent Production Company of the Year
- Blue Zoo Animation Studio
- Hey Duggee: We Love Animals -- Phil Hoskins, Keith Davidson, Peter Hickman -- Scary Beasties Ltd. and BBC Worldwide
- SpongeBob SquarePants -- Stephen Hillenburg, Vincent Waller, Marc Ceccarelli -- Nickelodeon/Nicktoons
- History Bombs: Online History Resources -- Chris Hobbs, Ellie Rogers, Claire O’Brien -- History Bombs/Historybombs.com
- Alhaji Fofana as Ryan in Screwball! -- TrueTube
Preschool – Animation
- Hey Duggee -- Grant Orchard, Janine Voong, Sander Jones -- STUDIO AKA/CBeebies
Preschool - Live Action
- Our Family -- Sallyann Keizer, Ruth Mills, Luke Gallie -- Sixth Sense Media Limited/CBeebies
- Maddie Moate -- Do You Know? -- CBeebies
- Share a Story 2016 -- Production Team -- CiTV/CiTV
- Adam Tyler -- Screwball! -- TrueTube