Campaigns with Porsche, Bose, United Airlines, General Electric, McDonald’s, Samsung Mobile, General Mills, and Dannon will add to anticipation of the final chapter, coming December 20.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Lucasfilm announced that they are joining forces with eight of the world’s most iconic brands, Porsche, Bose, United Airlines, General Electric, McDonald’s, Samsung Mobile, General Mills, and Dannon, for the launch of a global promotional campaign in anticipation of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, hitting theaters on December 20.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is the ninth and final episode in the Skywalker saga, the concluding chapter in over 40 years of storytelling. To celebrate the release, Lucasfilm and their eight promotional partners coordinated one social moment to reveal a first look at Babu Frik, the tiny droidsmith. First glimpsed in toy form during the Triple Force Friday livestream event, Babu Frik works among the Spice Runners of Kijimi and can reprogram or modify virtually any droid, regardless of its security measures. The social moment consisted of the partner brands posting a piece of the exclusive image to their social handles that then drove fans to the Star Wars Blog to see the full image.
“We are thrilled to be working with these world-class brands as we celebrate global Star Wars fandom and the conclusion of the epic Skywalker saga,” commented Walt Disney Studios president of marketing, Asad Ayaz. “As true fans themselves, these brands will deliver innovative and integrated programs that will delight and engage Star Wars fans everywhere.”
Global Marketing Partnerships SVP, Lylle Breier, added, “When we set out to craft our promotional campaign for Star Wars, we wanted to align with brands that were not only best-in-class, but also unparalleled Star Wars fans themselves. The truly organic fit allowed for the development of unique and inspired creative, and as a result we are very proud of the exciting and distinct campaigns that will emerge from this collaboration.”
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker promotional-partner campaigns:
- Porsche is excited to collaborate with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The timeless design of these iconic brands will be celebrated in a way that is sure to ignite enthusiasm among two of the most passionate fan-bases in the galaxy. The collaboration coincides with both the release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, and the U.S. launch of the all-new, fully electric Porsche Taycan.
- This fall, United Airlines invites guests to fly the friendly galaxy with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker featured on board, at upcoming film inspired experiential activations and first of its kind programming. This November United will debut a special aircraft design in celebration of the conclusion of the Skywalker saga.
- Bose will provide audio augmented reality experiences through the official Star Wars app, bringing fans closer to the saga than ever before. With Bose AR-enabled wearable devices, fans can unlock an all-new, 360-degree audio storytelling journey into the Star Wars universe.
- Samsung Mobile celebrates the release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker with a special collaboration that showcases a connected world powered by Galaxy.
- GE Appliances Profile series is joining forces with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker to bring fans special film engagement opportunities with appliance retailers around the country, as well as a national advertising spot.
- McDonald’s invites families to celebrate Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker with an out-of-this-world Happy Meal experience. Each Happy Meal will include 1 of 16 exclusive, stylized Star Wars collectible characters. Plus, there’s an exciting surprise with each toy: when opened and lit up, each one reveals one of four Star Wars hologram images with a unique connection to that character.
- General Mills’ Big G Cereals, Chex Mix, and Nature Valley have teamed up for “Do Good in the Galaxy,” an interactive campaign that benefits Feeding America. Between October 15, 2019 and May 14, 2020, scan participating packages or the character tattoo found inside Big G Cereals to unlock a special activity in the official Star Wars app. Completing the game triggers a 10 cent donation from General Mills to Feeding America, enough to help secure one meal, up to a maximum donation of $100,000.
- Danone North America celebrates the release of Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker with families across the country. Danimals, YoCrunch and Dannon, will be dressed up as characters from Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker. Danimals will offer 6 collectible Star Wars smoothie bottles while YoCrunch brings the magic of the light side and the dark side with custom Star Wars-themed toppers. Dannon non-fat yogurt drinks will include 4 intergalactic Star Wars characters for adults to collect too. Danimals, YoCrunch and Dannon Star Wars items will hit shelves nationwide, November 2019.