Free online celebration of independent games streaming exclusively on YouTube and YouTube Gaming to provide a sneak peak of a new VR game for HTC Vive from ‘Rick and Morty’ creator Justin Roiland.
LOS ANGELES -- ORBYT PLAY, the spectacular live-streaming celebration of independent video games, has confirmed details of its February 20 free event. Streaming exclusively on YouTube and YouTube Gaming, with curation provided by Indie MEGABOOTH, the inaugural event will showcase over 50 games presented as never before.
An ambitious first-of-its-kind event bringing together a global cross-section of indie games, the celebration comprises:
- Three Streams Within One Live Player -- viewers can toggle between each hosted stream, similar to picture-in-picture on a television.
- It’s a 10-Hour Marathon! -- 10 hours across three channels makes 30 supercharged hours of non-stop indie game programming: Let’s Plays, interviews and even some crazy physical stunts with top online personalities, developers and special guests!
- Recent and Upcoming Releases -- these games are HOT, even the one or two classics slipped in.
- Special Appearances -- Joey Graceffa, Captain Sparklez, TheZombiUnicorn, ProJared, Commander Holly, Ross O’Donovan from Game Grumps, MatPat, Comic Book Girl 19, Cricken, Olga Kay, Tanner Patrick and more.
This inaugural event will showcase an eclectic international mix of games and present exclusive, never-before-seen content and gameplay while featuring special guest appearances by other top influencers and developers. The ORBYT PLAY’s three streams are hosted by top online personalities:
- An Indie E-Sports Extravaganza with Meghan Camarena (Strawburry17).
- A Hawaiian-themed Indie Game Beard-B-Que with Jesse Cox, the Super Beard Brothers’ Alex Faciane and Jirard “The Completionist” Khalil.
- A Stunt-ridden Variety Show with Kevin Pereira and Alex Corea of The Attack.
Programming Highlights include:
- Tim Schafer from Double Fine who will be making an appearance to discuss Day of the Tentacle Remastered and Headlander.
- For the first time, Butt Sniffin Pugs will show audiences an expanded version of their game, complete with Butt controllers.
- Critically acclaimed #IDARB from Other Ocean who just released The Masters of the Universe and The Walking Dead/Invincible DLC.
- Showcasing just days after release, the event also will feature Night School Studio’s, hot new Oxenfree game.
- The first reveal of ADR1FT for PC from Three One Zero and a sneak peak of a new VR game for HTC Vive from Rick and Morty creator Justin Roiland.
Here is the list of games set to participate:
- #IDARB (Other Ocean)
- ADR1FT (Three One Zero / 505 Games)
- Broforce (Free Lives Games/Devolver Digital)
- Butt Sniffin Pugs (SpaceBeagles)
- Chambara (Team Ok / USC Games Publishing)
- ClusterPuck99 (PHL Collective)
- D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die (Access Games)
- Dad by the Sword (Rocketcat Games)
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Double Fine Productions)
- Dead Pixels II: Straight to Video (CSR-Studios)
- Downwell (Moppin/Devolver Digital)
- Dropsy (Tendershoot and A Jolly Corpse/Devolver Digital)
- Duck Game (Landon Podbielski/Adult Swim Games)
- Electronic Super Joy (Loot Interactive)
- Enter the Gungeon (Dodge Roll/Devolver Digital)
- Hand of Fate (Defiant Development)
- Headlander (Double Fine Productions / Adult Swim Games)
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (Steel Crate Games)
- Layers of Fear (Bloober Team / Aspyr Media)
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Asteroid Base)
- Mayan Death Robots (Sileni Studios)
- Move or Die (Those Awesome Guys)
- Nidhogg (Messhof)
- Oxenfree (Night School Studio)
- Party Hard (Pinokl Games / tinyBuild Games)
- Screencheat (Samurai Punk)
- Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games)
- Speedrunner (DoubleDutch Games / tinyBuild Games)
- The Witness (Thekla Inc.)
Source: ORBYT PLAY