20th anniversary edition goes online with film competition and masterclasses; passes now on sale.
The 20th anniversary edition of the Lisbon Animation Festival will be celebrated this year with #MONSTRAatHOME, an online event running May 25 - 31. This edition will feature sections and retrospectives that can be exhibited online. The festival plans to schedule retrospective sessions and special sessions in movie theaters in the future, on a date to be announced.
Accreditations for accessing MONSTRA at HOME are now on sale and give access to the 12 competitive sessions of the Festival 2020 (Portuguese competition, short films, student shorts and very short), as well as 6 masterclasses presented by big names in world animation.
Daily masterclasses are scheduled for 6 p.m. (GMT):
Monday, May 25
- Arnaldo Galvão – Director/Producer (Brazil) - 100 years of Brazilian animation
Tuesday, 26 May
- Christophe Héral - Composer (France) - “Le Voyage du Prince” - music and animation
Wednesday, May 27
- Burak Sahin – Teacher/Director (Turkey) - Animation as a way of thinking and educating
Thursday, May 28
- Eduard Puertas Anfruns - Director (Spain-Catalonia) - The easy stop-motion
Friday, May 29
- Raimund Krumme - Director (Germany) - Design and space in animation cinema
Saturday, May 30
- Ed Hooks – Actor/Teacher (USA) - Acting in animation
Visit the festival website for additional information.
Source: MONSTRA Animation Festival