The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association’s Licensing University assembles an outstanding roster of sessions on topics including digital media, crowdfunding, social media strategies, and more.
NEW YORK -- The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association (LIMA) has assembled an outstanding roster of Licensing University sessions for the 2016 Licensing Expo featuring a wide breadth of must-attend sessions for professionals working in every aspect of the industry. This year’s program speaks to all the topics that impact the business of a licensing program, from marketing to retail to app development. Licensing University will be held June 20-23. Licensing Expo, owned and organized by UBM Americas and sponsored by LIMA, takes place June 21-23. Both events are held at Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV.
Charles Riotto, President, LIMA commented, “Our Licensing University sessions are about much more than licensing; they tackle all the topics that impact a business’s bottom line. This year’s lineup provides an unparalleled opportunity to connect with industry leaders and learn something new about trending topics in business.”
“One of the ways we ensure Licensing Expo continues to be a leading resource for licensing professionals is by hosting cutting-edge educational sessions. The 2016 sessions and the return of the Digital Media Licensing Summit are just that, honing in on up-and-coming opportunities and what’s next in the licensing world,” added Jessica Blue, Senior Vice President, Licensing, UBM.
Highlights of some of this year’s topics include:
- “Targeting Specialty Retail: Hidden Opportunities” – An in-depth dialogue on how brands can break through the clutter via case studies. Moderator: Melissa Fraley Agguini, Executive Director, Products Retail & Licensing, Colonial Williamsburg. Speakers: Eric Flanigan, VP Parks Division, Aramark; John Jankowich, Senior Buyer, Licensed Merchandise, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store; Polina Rey, VP Licensing, Joester Loria Group
- “Crowdfunding: A How-To for Licensors and Licensees” – A discussion on the benefits and challenges of crowdfunding, how it works, and a comparison of the major platforms. Moderator: Karen Raugust, President, Raugust Communications. Speakers: Rob Goodchild, Head of Licensing, Aardman Animations; Erik Dahlman, Founder, Albino Dragon; Dan Goodsell, writer/artist
- “The Art and Science of Competitive Shopping” – An education on how to walk into stores and best get a handle on what’s really happening. Walk away with basic, intermediate and advanced tools and habits to integrate into your daily work life. Moderator: Leigh Ann Schwarzkopf, Principal, Project Partners Network. Speakers: Annalisa Ciganko, Senior Director, Global Retail, Iconix Brand Group; Elisha Gordon, VP Licensing, Jay Franco and Sons; Michelle Lamb, Co-Founder, Marketing Directions, Inc.
- “Planning – And Executing – Your Social Media Strategy” – An overview of the process for developing an effective social media strategy. Moderator: Natalie Cupps DiBlasi, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Strategy, Marketing & Media, LACED Agency.
- “The Online Video Revolution: Examining the Future of Media & Entertainment” – Part of the second annual Digital Media Licensing Summit, this session focuses on the evolution of the digital video space and the platforms, metrics, and technology that are shaping the future of entertainment. Speaker: James Creech, Co-Founder & CEO of Paladin Software. (Note: Digital Media Licensing Summit sessions are free to all registered attendees and exhibitors.)
This year’s keynote panel will examine the rapidly increasing role that content creation is playing within the toy industry and its implications for the toy, entertainment and licensing businesses. Taking place Tuesday, June 21, from 8-9 am and moderated by LIMA SVP Marty Brochstein, the panel, “Toys to Content: Where Do We Go from Here?” will feature: Simon Waters, General Manager & SVP Entertainment & Consumer Products, Hasbro; Laura Zebersky, Chief Commercial Officer, Jazwares; and Susie Lecker, Chief Brands Officer, Toy Box Division, Mattel, Inc. The keynote is free to all registered attendees and exhibitors of Licensing Expo.
For additional information about the schedule of sessions and to register for the full slate of 21 Licensing University sessions, visit the Licensing Expo website.
Source: The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association