Short film submissions due by June 30, features by July 31, for 6th edition of Japanese festival, being held November 1-4, 2019.
The New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival, the one and only “Airport Festival,” is accepting submissions for animated short and feature films and the deadline is approaching: June 30th for shorts, July 31st for features. Do not forget to send your films via the online submission form or Film Freeway. See the details at our official site (www.airport-anifes.jp/en/competition/).
The 6th edition of the New Chitose Airport International Festival is being held November 1-4, 2019. Last year’s event received 2,043 short films from 86 countries/regions and 49 feature films from 25 countries/regions. This year the following are being accepted for the short film competition:
- VR films
- GIF animation
- Digital motion comics
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Grand Prix (Short Film): 1 million JPY
- Grand Prix (Feature Film): 300,000 JPY
- Japan Grand Prix (Short Film): 500,000 JPY
- New Talent Award (Short Film): 300,000 JPY
- Best Music Animation: 100,000 JPY
- Audience Award: 100,000 JPY
- Best Student Film: Memento
- Kids Award: Memento
Source: New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival