Projects from France dominated the winners at the 21st edition of the animago AWARD & CONFERENCE, announced Sept. 8 in Munich, Germany.
MUNICH -- This year’s animago AWARDS were handed out last night in a total of eleven categories. Roughly 1,000 digital artists from 58 countries submitted projects for consideration as part of this international competition focusing on the amazing work being done by artists working in 3D animation, stills, visual effects (VFX), design and visualization. The awards ceremony marked the highlight of the two-day animago AWARD & CONFERENCE held at Munich’s Gasteig Centre. The Bavarian State Ministry for Economics and Media, Energy and Technology and the City of Munich’s Team of Excellence for the Cultural & Creative Industries sponsored the event.
Here are the winners:
- Best character: “Poilus”— Guillaume Auberval, Léa Dozoul, Simon Gomez, Timothé Hek, Hugo Lagrange, Antoine Laroye & David Lashcari — Isart Digital — France
- Best Visual Effects: “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” — Rodeo FX — Canada
- Best Advertising Production: “Canal Kitchen” — Unit Image — France
- Best Short Film: “Afterwork”— Matte CG, Uson Studio, Apus Estudios — Ecuador, Peru, Spain
- Best Game Cinematic: “Beyond Good and Evil 2” — Cinematic Trailer — Unit Image — France
- Best Still: “Her Eventual Hesitation” — Marek Denko — Czech Republic
- Best Motion Design: “Dust My Shoulders Off” — Grass Jelly Studio — Taiwan
- Jury’s Prize: “In a Heartbeat”— Beth David & Esteban Bravo — Ringling College of Art and Design — United States
- Best Young Production: “Less Than Human”— Steffen Bang Lindholm, Anna Eckhoff Ohrt Nissen, Ditte Marie Ludvigsen, Lasse Steinbeck, Matilde Søltoft, Morten Vestbjerg Bøgelund Lassen, Julie Rebecca Billeskov Astrup, Ida Marie Søndergaard — The Animation Workshop — Denmark
- Best Visualization: “Huawei Watch” — Glassworks — London, Great Britain
- Best Architecture Visualization: “Maisons Oxygène” — Villa 3D Animation Valentinstudio — France