12-day digital event to feature exclusive figures never before available in the US, AR tour of THE GUNDAM BASE TOKYO, and special video content including instructional painting sessions with professional modeler Katsumi ‘Meijin’ Kawaguchi.
ANAHEIM -- Bandai Namco Collectibles (Bluefin) along with Bandai Namco Group companies, Sunrise Inc., and Bandai Spirits, has announced the first-ever U.S.-based GUNDAM ONLINE EXPO. The 12-day digital event beginning August 20, 2020 will showcase over 60 exclusive event figures from GUNPLA World exhibit and THE GUNDAM BASE, both of which have only been available in Asia. The exclusives will be released in two waves at 6:00 pm Pacific on both Friday, August 21 (Group A) and Sunday, August 23 (Group B) on Premium Bandai USA with free shipping on all orders over $150.00 USD. All sales will end on Tuesday, September 1 at 11:59 pm Pacific.
GUNDAM ONLINE EXPO attendees will have a chance to visit THE GUNDAM BASE TOKYO virtually via augmented reality. The experience will include a tour of GUNPLA WORLD Ver.MG, a special exhibition celebrating GUNPLA’s 40th anniversary and the MG series. This exhibit features:
- MG Lineup Exhibit - The entire MG series lineup, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, gathered and displayed in one place.
- GUNPLA Evolution History - An exhibit of valuable materials from the BANDAI HOBBY CENTER where GUNPLAs are created.
- Giant GUNPLA Timeline - A timeline chock-full of the 40 years of Gundam and GUNPLA history.
- Package In-depth Analysis - A detailed analysis of how GUNPLA packages are created.
- Modeler Masterpiece Exhibit - A display of "MG" masterpieces created by famous modelers.
- Reveal of the Latest MGEX Brand - A sneak peak of the Unicorn Gundam from the latest MASTER GRADE EXTREME brand.
GUNDAM ONLINE EXPO will also offer special video content including instructional sessions on painting skills with professional modeler Katsumi “Meijin” Kawaguchi aka “Master Kawaguchi,” as well as interviews and panels featuring Japanese guests from gaming, voice acting, merchandising and animation (to-be-announced).
For schedule details and the latest event information, visit the official GUNDAM ONLINE EXPO website.
Source: Bandai Namco Group