Watch Titans brawl in the comfort of your own home as Godzilla, King Ghidorah and a host of gigantic beasts collide on multiple platforms: 4K UHD combo pack, Blu-ray combo pack, DVD special edition and digital.
BURBANK, CA -- Experience the epic monstrous action as legendary Titans collide when Godzilla: King of the Monsters comes to your living room on 4K UHD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD Special Edition beginning August 27, and via Digital, beginning August 13.
The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species, thought to be mere myths, rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.
Directed by Michael Dougherty (Krampus, Trick 'r Treat, Superman Returns), the film stars Kyle Chandler (Catch-22, The Wolf of Wall Street, Argo, TV’s Friday Night Lights), Oscar nominee Vera Farmiga (Up in the Air, The Conjuring films, TV’s Bates Motel) and Millie Bobby Brown (TV’s Stranger Things) in her feature film debut.
From Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures, in association with Toho Co. Ltd. and Huahua Media, the film’s ensemble cast also includes Bradley Whitford (Get Out, The Post), Oscar nominee Sally Hawkins (The Shape of Water, Blue Jasmine), Charles Dance ( TV’s Game of Thrones, The Imitation Game), Thomas Middleditch (The Wolf of Wall Street, TV’s Silicon Valley), Aisha Hinds (Star Trek Into Darkness, The Next Three Days), O’Shea Jackson Jr. (Straight Outta Compton, Long Shot), Oscar nominee David Strathairn (Good Night, and Good Luck, Godzilla), Oscar nominee Ken Watanabe (The Last Samurai, Inception, Godzilla) and Golden Globe nominee Ziyi Zhang (Memoirs of a Geisha, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon).
Based on classic characters, Godzilla, King Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan, owned and created by Toho Co., Ltd., the script was co-written by Dougherty and Zach Shields, with the story by Max Borenstein, Dougherty and Shields. The film was produced by Mary Parent, Alex Garcia, Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni and Brian Rogers, with Shields, Barry Waldman, Hiro Matsuoka, Keiji Ota, Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Yoshimitsu Banno and Kenji Okuhira serving as executive producers, and Ali Mendes and Jay Ashenfelter co-producing for Legendary.
Coming in August:
- Own it early via purchase from digital retailers beginning August 13 - Godzilla: King of the Monsters will be available on Amazon, FandangoNow, iTunes, PlayStation, Vudu, Xbox and on Movies Anywhere.
- Available on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD on August 27 - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc of features a Dolby Atmos soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment. To experience Dolby Atmos at home, an enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar.
- 4K UHD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD Special Edition contain the following special features:
- Commentary by Director
- Godzilla: Nature's Fearsome Guardian
- Mothra: Queen of the Monsters
- King Ghidorah: The Living Extinction Machine
- Rodan: Airborne God of Fire
- Godzilla 2.0
- Making Morthra
- Creating Ghidorah
- Reimagining Rodan
- The Yunnan Temple
- Castle Bravo
- The Antarctic Base
- The Isla de Mara Volcano
- The Undersea Lair
- Millie Bobby Brown: Force of Nature
- Monster Tech: Monarch Joins the Fight
- Monsters Are Real
- Welcome to the Monsterverse
- Deleted Scenes
- On August 27, Godzilla: King of the Monsters will be available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.
Source: Warner Home Entertainment