Beijing conference running November 16 & 17 offers two days of keynotes, panels and workshops on emerging technologies and advanced image production for film, animation and immersive media.
Key players in visual media production from China and overseas will congregate in Beijing November 16 & 17 for International Conference & Exhibition on Visual Entertainment 2017.
ICEVE comprises two days of keynotes, panels and workshops on emerging technologies and advanced image production for film, animation and immersive media. Its mission is to inspire innovation, address key industry challenges and guide participants towards future opportunities. The conference also provides a unique insight in to the Chinese visual and immersive media landscape.
Topics in discussion at ICEVE 2017 will include high quality film imaging, workflow innovation VR/AR content production, reality capture and display and light-field technology.
Speakers for 2017 include:
- Jake Black, Head of Virtual Reality, Create Advertising, overseeing all aspects of the company’s VR projects, with credits on Spider-Man: Homecoming, Ghostbusters VR: Now Hiring and the highly acclaimed The Walk
- Kurt Akeley, CTO Lytro, a leading company advancing light-field rendering technologies. Akeley is also co-founder of Silicon Graphics Incorporated (SGI) and often nicknamed the “Father of the OpenGL”.
- Dominick Spina, Head of Film Technology, AMD Studios, the company’s recently launched Hollywood end-to-end digital production studio
- Bill Collis, President, Foundry, a visual media industry leader and American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science “Technology Award” winner.
- Rick Garson, Founder & CEO, VX Entertainment (Beijing), an executive producer with credits on Billboard Music Awards, the Super Bowl TV Specials and multimedia shows for the Beijing Olympics. VX Entertainment is a content development studio combining the latest cutting-edge visual technologies.
- Yongmeng Wang, CTO, MORE VFX, a CG pipeline specialist with experience on major Chinese movies like Wukong, The Monkey King 2, and box office hit Big Fish & Begonia.
- Also speaking are many of China’s leading CG, VR-AR-MR and AI scientists including:
- Wenxin Li (Vice Dean, School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Peking University)
- Baoquan Chen (Dean of School of Computer Science & Technology and School of Software, Shandong University)
- Ruigang Yang, Chief Scientist for 3D Computer Vision for Baidu Research
Besides the action on stage, ICEVE will also feature:
- The 6th Chinese Advanced Imaging Awards, honoring the best film, TV, virtual reality and advanced imaging achievements by Chinese creators.
- The Advanced Imaging Exhibition showcasing the latest visual production technological innovation from China.
- A VR Experience Zone, showcasing China’s best virtual reality films.
- An International Academic Leaders Roundtable comprising 18 professors from China, the US and Europe.
ICEVE has become a key event for visual media production professionals from China and abroad with more than 10,000 filmmakers, visual artists, directors, researchers and professors attending since its foundation in 2011.
ICEVE is hosted by the Beijing Film Academy, China’s largest and most iconic film institution, and organized by the Advanced Innovation Center for Future Visual Entertainment (AICFVE), a government-funded initiative championing the development and implementation of cutting-edge tools and technology in China’s visual media production industries.
Source: Advanced Innovation Center for Future Visual Entertainment