The online event, running April 6-10, announces its initial line-up and official selections in competition; it’s still not too late to enter the 2022 GIF Competition sponsored by GIPHY Arts.
The 6th edition of GLAS Animation Festival has announced its first slate of special guests, programs, and Official Competition selections. This year’s event runs online April 6 -10. Passes are now available.
The program will feature Competition screenings as well as live Q&As, workshops and presentations by a roster of guests.
Program highlights include:
- How to Get the Gig – Panelists include Brooke Keesling (Bento Box Entertainment), Lou Bones (Psyop), Patty Willert (Warner Bros. Animation, Cartoon Network Studios) and a yet to be announced Nickelodeon representative.
- Takeshi Murata Retrospective + Q&A
- Lucrèce Andreae Talk + Q&A
Check out the website for complete and updated information.
GLAS Animation Festival 2022 has also released it Signal Film; the event poster and signal film were created by David Delafuente, an animation artist with interests in the moving image, aesthetic theory, semiotics, and graphic design. His work has explored themes of queerness, displacement, and romanticism. His films have shown at the Ottawa International Animation Festival, Slamdance Film Festival, and Melbourne Queer Film Festival.
The Official Selections in Competition are as follows:
- A Bite of Bone / Honami Yano / Japan
- Above the Brain 2 / Nonowe Akhito / Japan
- Anxious Body / Yoriko Mizushiri / Japan
- Bear Hug / Margrethe Danielsen / France + Norway
- Bestia / Hugo Covarrubias / Chile
- Butterfly Jam / Shih-Yen HUANG / Taiwan
- Ding / Malte Stein / Germany
- Fledge / Hani Dombe , Tom Kouris / Israel
- Flowing Home / Sandra Desmazieres / France + Canada
- Fragments / Carl Burton / United States
- Freedom Swimmer / Olivia Martin-McGuire / United Kingdom
- Ghost Dogs / Joe Cappa / Unites States
- Goodbye Jérôme! / Gabrielle Selnet, Adam Sillard, Chloé Farr / France
- Hold Me Tight / Leoluna Robert-Tourneur / Belgium
- Hotel Kalura / Sophie Koko Gate / United Kingdom
- Impossible figures and other stories I / Marta Pajek / Poland + Canada
- Krasue / Ryo Hirano / Japan
- Letter To a Pig / Tal Kantor / France
- Louise / Constance Bertoux, Camille Bozec, Pauline Guitton, Pauline Mauviere, Mila Monagahn / France
- Love, Dad / Diana Cam Van Nguyen / Czech Republic
- MOM / Kajika Aki Ferrazzini / France
- My Exercise / Atsushi Wada / Japan
- Night Bus / Joe Hsieh / Taiwan
- Noir-Soleil / Marie Larrivé / France
- O / Paul Wenninger / Austria
- Pests / Juliette Laboria / France
- Precious / Paul Mas / France
- Selection Process / Carla Pereira / Spain
- Sierra / Sander Joon / Estonia
- Steakhouse / Špela Čadež / Slovenia
- The Train Driver / Christian Wittmoser, Zuniel Kim / Germany
- The Wellspring and the Tower / Melinda Kádár / Hungary
A complete list of selections and a breakdown by category is available here.
Also, a reminder, submissions are still being accepted for the GLAS Animation Festival 2022 GIF Competition sponsored by GIPHY Arts. Information on how to enter is available here.
Simply create a GIPHY account, upload your GIF masterpiece, and tag it #glas2022 for a chance to win $500. All eligible submissions will be available on giphy.com/glasanimation.
Source: GLAS Animation Festival 2022