Early Bird submissions can be made for free until June 30th; late deadline is December 15.
Submissions for GLAS Animation Festival 2017 are now open! The GLAS Animation Festival will be held March 2-5, 2017 in Berkeley, CA, just a quick ride away from San Francisco.
GLAS Animation is introducing new ideas and expanding the scope of animation by bringing new voices, new talents, new themes, and a new generation of independent filmmakers and curators to the United States. The festival highlights fresh voices in independent animation while curating special programs of the most significant periods of animation history that serve as an inspiration for contemporary animators.
The GLAS Animation Festival has a complete short film competition program as well as retrospectives, special curated programs, Q&As, behind-the-scene screenings and panels, animation installations and more. GLAS Animation Festival unites the animation community with the Berkeley and Bay Area community, sharing great and unique animated works from around the world.
Competition categories include:
- Narrative Shorts
- Non-Narrative/Experimental Shorts
- Undergraduate Shorts
- Graduate Shorts
- Commissioned Shorts
GLAS Animation Festival submission process operates on a rolling fee basis.
- Early Bird Deadline – May 16th – June 30th – FREE
- Early Deadline – July 1st – July 31st – $15
- Regular Deadline – August 1st to September 30th – $25
- Late Deadline – October 1st – December 15th – $35
- Early Bird Deadline – May 16th – June 30th– FREE
- Early Deadline – July 1st – July 31st – $10
- Regular Deadline – August 1st to September 30th – $20
- Late Deadline – October 1st – December 15th – $30
For more information on submission eligibility and requirements, visit the GLAS Animation Festival website at www.glasanimation.com.
Source: GLAS Animation Festival