GenArts and Boris FX releases Sapphire 10, a suite of premium visual effects plug-ins focusing on new effects and features for Adobe, Avid, Flame, and OFX host applications.
BOSTON -- Following the recently announced merger with Boris FX & Imagineer Systems, GenArts released Sapphire 10, the latest version of the company’s flagship suite of premium visual effects plug-ins. The enhancements in Sapphire 10 focus onnew effects, improved features, and boosting efficiency through updated workflow controls, optimized organization, and control measures. The new upgrades come as a direct response to the continually mounting pressure on creative professionals in television, advertising, and motion pictures to produce exceptional work under extremely tight deadlines.
Sapphire 10 is available for Adobe, Avid, Flame, and OFX host applications.
New Features in Sapphire 10 include:
- Builder Improvements– The creative possibilities have truly become limitless with new enhancements to the one of a kind custom effect creation tool, Builder. Multiple source clips with a matte from a path or alpha channel can now be used directly inside Builder. This allows editors and artists to easily create and combine Sapphire effects like never before - boosting productivity and efficiency. The new snap to grid feature allows complex node trees to be quickly and easily cleaned up for more efficient workflows.
- New Presets – The preset collection featuring over 3,000 presets adds 150+ presets including 60 advanced Builder effects. These new presets illustrate and inspire users as to the creative possibilities that can easily be achieved with Sapphire.
- Improved Preset Browser– Gaining efficiencies wherever possible is key to the tight project deadlines Sapphire users face. The improved preset browser features easier access to advanced presets and a significant increase in overall load time. Users now have the option to quickly preview any of the over 150 newly added presets within the “new” category with a single click.
- New Effects in Sapphire 10 include:
- S_Luna – Depicts accurate and photorealistic lunar cycles down to date and time with this high-resolution moon generator. Luna uses a complex bump map to achieve stunning realism. Features a wide array of options such as halo, glow, color tint, and atmosphere.
- S_Brush – Creates “hand painted” images by applying realistic paint brush strokes to any image or graphic. Apply different mediums like oil or chalk and choose from brush strokes such as felt tip, sponge or pencil.
- S_RomanTile – Forms a quilted patchwork of tiles with a textured geometric mosaic overlay. Apply custom grout for an increased sense of realism, adjust textures, and emboss to achieve a variety of different looks.