New streamlined version of scalable cloud-based project management solution makes video production tracking more accessible.
STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- Ahead of SIGGRAPH 2017, ftrack, a scalable cloud-based project management solution for the media & entertainment industry, has announced major updates to help content creators and video producers streamline multiple productions. The company renames the current offering of ftrack to ftrack Studio and announces a new streamlined product for review and approvals, ftrack Review. ftrack Studio delivers improved planning features providing a bird’s-eye view of every project and department across the studio.
The increasing demand for high-quality video content require creative teams to manage multiple complex projects at the same time. From boutique studios to multi-site facilities, a scalable solution is required for creative collaboration.
“ftrack’s Studio Overview is the feature we’ve been waiting years for someone to get right,” said Michael Perdew, VFX Producer at Luma Pictures. “Allowing our artists to work on multiple shows has been a core value since Luma’s inception, and finally you can balance out your resources not just across a single project, but as a studio running multiple shows at once.”
“Our close collaboration with clients have helped us solve the complex challenges creative teams face when managing multiple projects,” said Fredrik Limsäter, CEO and founder at ftrack. “The release of ftrack Studio gives more visibility to producers and supervisors for improved planning and resource management. This makes production tracking over multiple departments and projects a more efficient solution for studios of all sizes.”
Attendees at this year’s SIGGRAPH can get a demo of ftrack Studio and upcoming ftrack Review at the ftrack booth (#223) August 1-3.
New features in ftrack Studio include:
- Studio Overview: A new holistic view of the studio, across different projects and departments.
- Resource management: Track availability of teams over different disciplines and gain insights in forecast capacity for when there could be a shortage or under use of talent.
- To-do notes: Allow users to add feedback notes to a project, folder, asset or task that require action in order to be marked as complete. Users are able to filter to-do notes and receive notifications when new to-do notes have been added.
- Beta of Connect API: Enhanced user experience with revamped integrations for Autodesk Maya and Foundry Nuke, bringing improved publishing tools and allowing artists to add media to review.
- cineSync integration: Updated for local file support and revamped process of saving cineSync annotations and notes to the correct asset version in ftrack.
The company also announced ftrack Review, a streamlined version of ftrack that focuses on review and approvals. This entry level version of ftrack gives video producers and content creators a platform to collaborate on projects with annotations and notes, and has the ability to scale up into ftrack Studio – with full production tracking and API support – for end-to-end project management.
Built using a new framework, ftrack Review is developed with a new user interface that offers a sneak peek into the next major release of ftrack Studio.
The new features announced for ftrack Studio are available from today. The company is offering ftrack Studio for $25 a month per user and ftrack Review for $15 a month per user.