Nearly 500 episodes are added to its already extensive line-up of movies and TV series, including new installments of ‘One Piece,’ ‘Dr. Slump,’ ‘Slam Dunk,’ and ‘Ge-Ge-Ge No Kitaro.’
Fox Entertainment’s Tubi free streaming platform continues expanding its animation portfolio in a new licensing agreement with anime studio Toei Animation. The deal includes seven television series totaling nearly 500 episodes, as well as six TV specials. Six TV installments of the popular One Piece Franchise are included in the deal as well as episodes from the television series already streaming. The collaboration with Toei Animation will complement Tubi’s current library of 30,000 movies and television series, all viewable completely free.
TV installments of One Piece include: Episode of Sabo; Adventure of Nebulandia’ Heart of Gold; Episode of East Blue; and Episode of Skypiea. Other classic and popular anime series soon to stream on Tubi include: Toriko; Saint Seiya: Saintia Sho; Saint Seiya: Hades; Ge-Ge-Ge No Kitaro; Slam Dunk; and Dr. Slump.
Tubi will stream English subtitled versions of Dr. Slump (from Akira Toriyama, creator of Dragon Ball) and Saint Seiya: Hades.
“Our new partnership with Toei Animation super serves fans with some of the most iconic anime ever created,” commented Tubi chief content officer Adam Lewinson. “With One Piece, Akira Toriyama’s Dr. Slump, Slam Dunk and more, Tubi viewers will soon have instant access to nearly 500 episodes of some of the world’s best anime, further expanding our powerful collection of animated content.”
“We’re thrilled to bring this collection of six TV specials and nearly 500 series episodes from Toei Animation’s library to Tubi viewers for the first time,” added Toei Animation Inc. president and CEO Masayuki Endo. “From the One Piece specials and series episodes to Saint Seiya and Dr Slump to Ge-Ge-Ge No Kitaro and Slam Dunk, there is something for every anime fan on Tubi to enjoy.”
Based on the best-selling manga title in history by Eiichiro Oda, the One Piece anime series from Toei Animation first premiered in 1999. 960 episodes of the popular franchise have been produced since the initial release. The series follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy and his fearless Straw Hat Pirates on a fantastical journey across a world teeming with wonders and imagination. The property has a multi-generational fandom, becoming a global franchise that has expanded beyond print and TV to include film, gaming, amusement parks and merchandise.
Additional Toei Animation titles coming to Tubi include:
- Dr. Slump (English subtitled version on Tubi) – Based on the manga by Akira Toriyama (creator of Dragon Ball), this comedic adventure about an inventor and his robotic daughter Arale.
- Toriko – During the Gourmet Age, an era in which the world is full of undiscovered ingredients and people seek out unknown and exquisite culinary delights, the Gourmet Hunter, Toriko travels the world to capture wild ingredients to complete the “Full Course Meal of Life.”
- Ge-Ge-Ge No Kitaro – Kitaro, a monster with a strong sense of justice receives letters from people crying out for help. Kitaro fights monsters to solve these problems.
- Slam Dunk – Hanamichi, a high school boy with no basketball experience plays a game with the captain of a basketball team and wins. His basketball life begins, and he and his teammates aim for victory.
- Saint Seiya: Saintia Sho – This series is told from the point of view of the Saintias, the Female Saints who act as a bodyguard and personal attendant for Athena, as the conflict in “Knights of the Zodiac” unfolded.
- Saint Seiya: Hades (English subtitled version on Tubi) – Hades, the Lord of the Dead, has come back from the depths of darkness and is after Athena. Will Seiya and the Gold Saints be able to protect Athena from the approaching hands of death?
Tubi has more than 30,000 movies and television shows from over 250 content partners, including nearly every major studio. The service gives fans of films and television programs an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free.
Tubi is available on Android and iOS mobile devices, Amazon Echo Show, Google Nest Hub Max, Comcast Xfinity X1, Cox Contour, and OTT devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Vizio TVs, Sony TVs, Samsung TVs, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X | S, and soon on Hisense TVs globally. Consumers can also watch Tubi content on the web at tubi.com.
Source: Fox Entertainment