Series spotlights career paths in VFX, CGI, and Animation Technology, kicking off with an episode featuring interviews with women on the company’s R&D team.
Media and entertainment software developer, Foundry, has announced the launch of Voices Behind the Tech; a series of video interviews highlighting the career paths of the people that advance VFX, CGI, and animation technology. The initial set of four episodes includes interviews with women that work across various disciplines at Foundry, including Research and Development, Engineering, Product Design, Product Management, and Customer Support.
“Career paths in technology and VFX are rarely straightforward,” commented Foundry chief product officer Christy Anzelmo. “Through this initiative, we will share learnings from Foundry employees across the company on how their careers developed and discuss their advice for those entering animation, VFX, and other STEAM careers. I’m excited to share the stories and insights from the talented team members behind our tools and hope they inspire others on their journey.”
Research and Development
Hear from members of Foundry’s R&D team who contribute to the acceleration of Nuke’s performance, Foundry’s advances in machine learning, and the management of technology programs.
- Peri Friend – Technology Program Manager
- Anna Karapetyan - Senior Software Engineer
- Johanna Barbier – Senior Research Engineer, Machine Learning
Customer Support and Creative Specialists – Available on YouTube March 29.
Sit down with members of the company’s support and creative specialist team who provide technical support, lead product demonstrations, and help users get the most out of Foundry’s software.
- Ruth Hutton – Creative Specialist
- Caterina Malfe – Customer Support Engineer
- Iulia Giurca – Head of Customer Support
Product Design and Management - Available on YouTube April 5
Join the product designer for Modo and our associate product manager for look development and lighting to learn about how to lead the design and direction of software.
- Laura Ambury – Product Designer
- Arielle Martin – Lighting Associate, Product Manager
- Chari Holt – Look Development, Product Manager
Product Management - Available on YouTube April 12
Listen to Foundry’s product manager for Flix, associate product manager for Nuke and chief product officer as they share their insight and career journeys.
- Christy Anzelmo – Chief Product Officer
- Anna Samuel – Associate Project Manager, Compositing & Finishing
- Mariagrazia Petito Di Leo – Project Manager, Flix
More information on the latest interviews to be released is available here.