The otherworldly series features nine stories by seven Japanese anime studios, all underscored by musical legend John Williams, set to release September 22 on Disney+.
And the collection grows! Star Wars: Visions is gearing up to be another major Star Wars animated universe success, and it’s no surprise after watching the epic new trailer for the upcoming anime anthology series set to launch September 22 on Disney+.
Visions will feature nine stories exclusively created by Japanese anime studios, all underscored by musical legend and franchise alum John Williams.
Watch the thrilling first trailer for Star Wars: Visions now:
“Lucasfilm is partnering with seven of the most talented anime studios in Japan to bring their signature style and unique vision of the Star Wars galaxy to this inspired new series,” said James Waugh, executive producer and Lucasfilm Vice President, Franchise Content & Strategy. “Their stories showcase the full spectrum of bold storytelling found across Japanese animation; each told with a freshness and voice that expands our understanding of what a Star Wars story can be and celebrates a galaxy that has been such an inspiration to so many visionary storytellers.”
Both the English and Japanese casts have also been revealed for each episode:
- English cast: Brian Tee as Ronin, Lucy Liu as Bandit Leader, Jaden Waldman as Village Chief
- Japanese cast: Masaki Terasoma as Ronin, Akeno Watanabe as Bandit Leader, Yūko Sanpei as VillageChief
- English cast: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Jay, Bobby Moynihan as Geezer, Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett, Shelby Young as K-344, Marc Thompson as Lan
- Japanese cast: Hiroyuki Yoshino as Jay, Kōusuke Gotō as Geezer, Akio Kaneda as Boba Fett, MasayoFujita as K-344, Anri Katsu as Lan
- English cast: Neil Patrick Harris as Karre, Alison Brie as Am, Jonathan Lipow as B-20N
- Japanese cast: Junya Enoki as Karre, Ryoko Shiraishi as Am, Tokuyoshi Kawashima as B-20N
The Village Bride
- English cast: Karen Fukuhara as F, Nichole Sakura as Haru, Christopher Sean as Asu, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Valco, Andrew Kishino as Izuma, Stephanie Sheh as Saku
- Japanese cast: Asami Seto as F, Megumi Han as Haru, Yūma Uchida as Asu, Takaya Kamikawa as Vaan, Yoshimitsu Shimoyama as Izuma, Mariya Ise as Saku
The Ninth Jedi
- English cast: Kimiko Glenn as Kara, Andrew Kishino as Juro, Simu Liu as Zhima, Masi Oka as Ethan, Greg Chun as Roden, Neil Kaplan as Narrator, Michael Sinterniklaas as Hen Jin
- Japanese cast: Chinatsu Akasaki as Kara) Tetsuo Kanao as Juro, Shin-ichiro Miki as Zhima, Hiromu Mineta as Ethan, Kazuya Nakai as Roden, Akio Ōtsuka as Narrator, Daisuke Hirakawa as Hen Jin
- English cast: Jaden Waldman as T0-B1, Kyle Chandler as Mitaka
- Japanese cast: Masako Nozawa as T0-B1, Tsutomu Isobe as Mitaka
- English cast: David Harbour as Tajin, Jordan Fisher as Dan, James Hong as The Elder
- Japanese cast: Takaya Hashi as Tajin, Kenichi Ogata as The Elder, Yuichi Nakamura as Dan
Lop & Ocho
- English cast: Anna Cathcart as Lop, Hiromi Dames as Ocho, Paul Nakauchi as Yasaburo, Kyle McCarley as Imperial Officer
- Japanese cast: Seiran Kobayashi as Lop, Risa Shimizu as Ocho, Tadahisa Fujimura as Yasaburo,Taisuke Nakano as Imperial Officer
- English cast: Henry Golding as Tsubaki, Jamie Chung as Misa, George Takei as Senshuu, Keone Young as Kamahachi, Lorraine Toussaint as Masago
- Japanese cast: Yū Miyazaki as Tsubaki, Lynn as Misa, Chō as Senshuu, Wataru Takagi as Kamahachi,Yukari Nozawa as Masago
Star Wars: Visions flies onto Disney+ on September 22.