The program, developed in partnership with Media Cymru and the University of South Wales, is open to Wales-based creators and producers with 3+ years’ experience; the training runs January 8-12, 2024, deadline to apply is December 1, 2023.
Final Pixel Academy has partnered with Media Cymru and the University of South Wales to offer a free, first-of-its-kind virtual production training course, “Virtual Productions Essentials Series.” The intensive week-long program is for advertising, film and video agencies, and production companies based in Wales.
Applications are now open for the virtual production training course focused on creating, financing, packaging, and selling virtual production projects in multiple real-world scenarios. This training also provides a deep dive into the creative and commercial imperatives of developing winning pitches. It helps short-form filmmakers bring their concepts and business into the new era of immersive storytelling.
Final Pixel Academy virtual production experts will deliver the training, which encompasses a comprehensive curriculum and hands-on experiences, including:
- Building an LED Wall, stage set up, camera setup and tracking, launching Unreal Engine and getting environments up and running on the wall.
- Introduction to Virtual Production and Virtual Production workflows, including concepting, budgeting, and scheduling for virtual production, Unreal Engine applications across VAD (virtual art department), and OSVP (onset virtual production) specialist roles across both creative and technology skill sets required for virtual production.
- Gain an understanding of Unreal Engine and cine camera’s role in virtual production across both virtual art department and onset technical capacities.
- Practical hands-on sessions teach how to get virtual environments on the wall, shots, and lighting in Unreal Engine, as well as practical lighting and blending with foreground set design.
- Experience of a live brief and creating a pitchviz using Unreal Engine tools with virtual production workflows.
The intensive training is open to Wales-based commercial content creators and producers with over three years experience and a demonstrable interest in emerging technology and innovative, short-form storytelling. Training will be offered to four to six companies in total, with a maximum of three professionals from any company able to apply.
The Application Process:
- The application process closes Friday, December 1, 2023.
- Notification of successful applicants by Friday, December 8, 2023.
Training dates are January 8-12, 2024 (inclusive) at the Atrium, University of South Wales, Adam Street, Cardiff, CF24 2FN.
More information and application information is available here.
Source: Final Pixel