Switzerland’s largest animation festival to host a raft of luminaries at its 2016 edition, including voice artist Peter Krause, filmmakers Georges Schwizgebel, Konstantin Bronzit and Kaspar Jancis, and DreamWorks Animation director and story artist Simon Otto.
BADEN, SWITZERLAND -- Fantoche 2016 will be held in Baden, Switzerland September 6 – 11. This year promises more professionals and stars from the animation film scene than ever before. The festival will welcome filmmakers such as Georges Schwizgebel, Konstantin Bronzit or Kaspar Jancis, as well as international Swiss professionals like Simon Otto from DreamWorks Animation. Claude Barras the director of the opening film Ma vie de Courgette, Elie Chapuis and Sam Guillaume will represent Swiss animated films. Additionally, Fantoche will host many members of the gaming industry at the Industry Day Event.
Fantoche is looking forward to welcoming a large number of filmmakers and animation. The experts’ talks, participation at the Industry Day, and presence at the Artist Brunch will be an essential part of the festival. Georges Schwizgebel, one of last year’s award winners and producer of the 2016 festival trailer, filmmaker Konstantin Bronzit and director Jeanette Bonds will be participating as jury members. And if, at some point, you hear Donald Duck’s famous quack at the festival, just remember that voice artist Peter Krause will be joining us to present his solo program.
The festival's Industry Day, whose program has been expanded this year to incorporate additional topics, will help to put the artistic representatives in contact with its commercial players. Both Simon Otto, Head of Character Animation at DreamWorks Animation and Moritz Zumbühl, CEO of Blindflug Studios AG, will be talking about their work. They will be joined by representatives from renowned brands such as Swisscom, FREITAG and Stories AG.
The following filmmakers and animation experts will be present at Fantoche 2016:
- Jeannette Bonds (US), filmmaker, GLAS Animation. Jury Int. Competition
- Geoffrey Lillemon (NL/US), artist. Jury Int. Competition, Coming Soon presentation, 360° work in the Stanzerei exhibition
- Vullnet Sanaja (HR), Executive Director, Anibar international Animation Festival, Peja, Kosovo. Jury Int. Competition
- Dr. Katja Schmid (D), Professor for Visual Effects and Postproduction at Hochschule der Medien in Stuttgart. Jury Int. Competition
- Geoges Schwizgebel (CH), filmmaker, prize winner Fantoche 2015, prize winner Swiss film prize Quarz 2015 categorie Animation, numerous international prizes, i.a. Génie 2012 du court métrage d’animation canadien. Jury Int. Competition, Fantoche-Trailer 2016, Retrospektive
- Konstantin Bronzit (RU), filmmaker with multiple Oscar nominations, awarded more than 60 international prizes for his films. Jury CH Competition, Retrospektive, Project Ping Pong
- Julie Charnay (F), Co-manager of Fête d’anim, the international short film festival in Lille. Jury CH Competition
- Mark Shapiro (US), LAIKA-Studio, presented the Making-of BoxTrolls at Fantoche 2014 to a sold out room. Jury CH Competition, Making- of presentation Kubo and the two Strings
- Claude Barras (CH), filmmaker, several awarded short films. Director of the opening film, Making-of presentations Ma vie de Courgette
- Simon Otto (CH), Head of Character Animation of How to Train Your Dragon, DreamWorks Animation. Talk at the Industry Day
- Sam Guillaume (CH), filmmaker, prize winner Fantoche 2012, prize winner Swiss film prize Quarz 2013 category Animation. Presentation “Animationstechniken kurz erklärt“ for youths
- Kaspar Jancis (EE), filmmaker, numerous internationally awarded short films. Coming Soon Morton on the Ship of Fools
- Denis Do (FR), filmmaker. Coming soon Funan, the New People.
- Peter Krause (DE), Dubbing/voice actor, Official German Donald Duck voice. Soloshow “Er kam, sah und quakte”
- Tohei Takamatsu (JP), filmmaker, Art Director Studio Chizu (Japan). Making-of presentation The Boy and the Beast.
- Jan Bultheel (BE), filmmaker. Feature film, making-of presentation Cafard.
- Elie Chapuis (CH), filmmaker. Making-of presentation Ma vie de Courgette, Managing of the filmmaker workshop “Animation Tool Box”
- Benjamin Renner, filmmaker, director of Oscar-nominated and César-awarded feature film Ernest et Celestine. Managing of the filmmaker workshop “Animation Tool Box”
- Jadqiga Kowalska (CH), filmmaker, Pardino d’oro Locarno 2016. Guest
- Anete Melece (LV), filmmaker, prize winner Fantoche 2013. Guest
- Tomasz Popakul (PL), filmmaker, Fantoche New Talent 2013. Guest