Starting at just $99 per year, new subscription pricing offers lower-cost of entry and end-to-end warranties; academic pricing starts at $50 per year.
LOS ANGELES -- Faceware Technologies, a leading provider of markerless 3D facial motion capture solutions, has announced brand new pricing for 2019 as well as update releases to both Faceware Analyzer and Retargeter. The new prices, which go into effect immediately, offer more options and a greater simplification of prices for Faceware’s expanding customer base.
“Every year, we conduct a complete audit of our pricing, which includes a survey of our customers and resellers, as well as a review of all of our SKUs,” said Peter Busch, vice president of business development at Faceware. “What we noticed was a broader range of users with different pricing requirements, so our goal this year was to provide pricing options that would be attractive to existing and new users across industries.”
2019 Pricing Update:
- New subscription-based pricing on all software, starting at $99/year -- The new subscription prices start at $99/year for select software packages. For a complete list of price changes, visit the new pricing page on Faceware’s website.
- New lower-cost-of-entry for Analyzer and Retargeter -- Perpetual licenses of Analyzer 3 Studio and Retargeter 5 Studio now start at just $750 and $500 respectively, including the first year of support.
- New end-to-end warranties, with no cost to repair or replace parts on any camera system -- Both our Mark III and Indie Headcam systems now include a hassle-free one-year, extendable warranty which now covers repair or replacement of any component at no additional cost. Warranties can now be extended annually and include a care package, which includes common wear items like batteries, lenses, velcro, and chinstraps. Existing systems under previous support contracts can be grandfathered into our Warranty program.
- Completely new academic pricing -- Academic pricing now starts at $50 for some software licenses, as well as $2,500 for complete turnkey systems (hardware and software) for academic customers, including support for the first year.
- New Online Store -- Customers can now purchase annual licenses of Faceware software and entry-level camera systems directly from the Faceware website store. Users can get their licenses the same day.
- Volume discount pricing for custom facial capture systems -- An entirely new custom system builder is launching soon on the Faceware website, offering volume discounts of up to 35% on all of the camera systems and software licenses.
- Pricing on new Shepherd software -- Customers who want to work with Faceware’s new facial operator software package, Shepherd, can purchase the software for $499 / year. Announced last October, the software is now in open beta.
Faceware Analyzer and Retargeter Update
In addition to all of the new pricing, both Faceware Analyzer and Retargeter have been updated. The latest releases of Analyzer 3.8 and Retargeter 5.8 now integrate almost 2 years of research and development utilizing Deep Learning Techniques. Leveraging a proprietary data set of specific facial capture images, this new research annotated and used a targeted subset of synthesized data of nearly 3 million images to re-build from the ground-up the animation of the jaw. This new technology poses no changes to the workflow and is deployed through Retargeter’s AutoSolve feature, giving users an even better starting point from which to start animating a facial performance.
Source: Faceware Technologies