Streamer’s newest preschool series, a diverse, one-of-a-kind musical jamboree, brings a new take on classic nursery rhymes for the pre-K set; show debuts December 23.
Peacock has just shared with AWN and exclusive look at the trailer and key art for their new preschool series, Babble Bop! The musical jamboree, a one-of-a-kind, diverse series debuts Thursday, December 23.
Babble Bop! consists of 72 two-and-a-half-minute original and nursery rhyme songs, delivered in half-hour themed blocks; they were filmed on an 8,000 square foot motion tracking stage facility in Toronto Canada.
The show features a foot-tapping, hand-clapping, baby-bottom wiggling, sing-along world of music, dance and preschool play. With a mix of new takes on classic nursery rhymes and original songs, this inclusive short-form series is intended for social and emotional learning for the pre-K set.
Take a quick peek!
With music at the heart of Babble Bop! each episode is constructed around a simple and danceable preschool song, either original or a new take on a beloved nursery rhyme or traditional song.
The series holds up a magnifying glass to the little things in the featured characters’ lives: having a snack, dressing up, drawing with crayons, watching the clouds, or playfully helping their parents (who are always around if not on camera) as best they can. The Boppers love nothing more than to help out!
The characters are quite young so their world is small. Heroes Lily, Hugo, Miguel, Izzie and Sam will play the day away movin’ and boppin’ and havin’ a ball to awesome, catchy, repeatable - and sometimes very familiar – songs.
- LILY (age 3) is a friendly, curious and vivacious little girl who loves exploring the world, planning adventures, building forts and driving various cool play-vehicles around.
- HUGO (age 1 ½) is Lily’s baby brother and doesn't really talk yet, although he makes a lot of noise and is just learning to walk. But that doesn’t slow him down in the slightest.
- MIGUEL (age 3) is a high-energy kid who loves music, especially percussion; everything’s a drum to Miguel. He’s brave, both physically and emotionally, who can sometimes get a little wound up by his internal drummer. However, sister Izzie knows how to calm him down, by turning his hyper-activity into a dance –with her!
- IZZIE (age 3) is Miguel’s twin sister. She is a bit shy and sometimes has to be persuaded to join the adventures with her protective brother close by. But once the music starts, everything changes. Izzie loves dancing more than anything and uses her deep costume box to dress up herself and her friends for any kind of occasion.
- SAM (age 4) is a dreamer with a real passion for everything outdoors: clouds, trees, flowers, birds, lizards, frogs and bugs. He’s also very compassionate and easily distracted, but often sees beautiful, wild things in nature that his friends miss. Once the songs and games get going, Sam’s often improvising musical instruments out of natural things.
Produced by Dark Slope Studios, the series is executive produced by Dan Fill and Raja Khanna, and produced by Christine Thompson. Written by Katherine Standford, the show is directed by Luke Jurevicius and Tim D.P. Thompson.