Annual celebration of visual effects moves online for ongoing series of sessions running up until 2021 edition planned in London next February.
Escape Studio’s annual The VFX Festival has been migrated into a virtual event series, starting this month, free to attend, to support emerging talent from across the world. The expert-led sessions will feature industry professionals who will share their insight on award-winning productions and encourage collaboration among the international participants.
The VFX Festival Virtual Series begins this month, running until next year’s festival, scheduled for early February 2021 in London. The VFX Festival is an annual celebration of visual effects, animation, games and motion graphics. For the last seven years the festival, hosted in London, has attracted many attendees and high-profile speakers from award-winning studios.
This year Escape Studios is giving free access to all virtual events hosted under The VFX Festival Virtual Series. Over the coming months students, graduates and professionals will have a chance to participate in talks on award winning projects, receive encouragement and advice from experts in careers and recruitment panel discussions and have the opportunity to speak with representatives from studios, to discover more about their available roles, career pathways and progression.
All events will be regularly added to the official festival’s website: http://www.thevfxfestival.com/
Confirmed sessions include:
- Panel Discussion: We have Lift-Off!: Your first steps to a career in VFX, Animation and Games
- Launching the Sea Dragon - The relationship between FX and Compositing by Marcelo Sousa, FX TD & Tiago Faria, Senior/Lead Compositor at Union VFX
- Animating for Total War: Warhammer by Elliot Maren Lead Animator at Creative Assembly
- Panel discussion '2020: The next 10 years'
- From TV to Feature: The evolution and expectations of an Animated Feature by Manuel Reyes CG Supervisor at Jellyfish Pictures
- The bizarre, yet wonderful world of CG characters by Josh Parks, Senior Compositor at MPC Advertising
According to Dr. Ian Palmer, Director of Escape Studios, “While we weren’t able to hold this year’s Festival in London, we are thrilled to have organised the VFX Festival Virtual Series, which is testament to our commitment to the creative industries in the UK and our ongoing pledge to create studio-ready talent. We are proud to be showcasing the latest expertise that our fast-growing industry offers; whether it’s from VFX, animation, games or motion graphics. If you’re established in the industry, looking to network and raise your profile, or want to find out how to get your first break, we’ve something for everyone.”
View the agenda and book your complimentary tickets at: http://www.thevfxfestival.com/
Source: Escape Studios