Did you know that UE now accounts for 50% of next-gen games being built and has been used on over 500 film/TV projects.
Epic Games has published a “real-time” roundup of 2022 Unreal Engine usage data that reflects some great (but not surprising!) trends and developments from last year.
Did you know…?
- 73% of Unreal Engine users are now on UE5
- 2022 saw an average of 23% growth in monthly active UE users (compared to 2021) – the regions with the biggest growth were North America (40%) and Asia (30%)
- Over 50% of next-gen games announced are being built on UE5
- Unreal Engine has been used on over 500 film/TV projects to date (and there was a 44% increase from 2021 to 2022)
- There have been 2.6 million MetaHumans created to date
- Over 40 million Quixel assets have been downloaded to date
Check out Epic’s blog post for more details and specifics.