Free online event to showcase innovations in virtual production, including a panel of industry executives discussing game changing technology; the use of Unreal Engine to bring new creatures to life in film; real-time workflow for episodic animation; and a sneak peek of production tools coming later this year to Unreal Engine 4.26.
CARY, NC -- Epic Games has announced Unreal Build: Virtual Production, an online event to showcase the incredible projects and innovations from film and television leaders who are pioneering new real-time virtual production workflows.
The free event is taking place online on Tuesday, November 10 kicking off at 9AM PDT/12PM EDT/5PM GMT.
Programming will include:
- A panel of top executives including Chris Del Conte (Amazon Studios); Lynwen Brennan (Disney/Lucasfilm); Girish Balakrishnan (Netflix); Shari Hanson (Paramount); and Christopher Cram (Universal Pictures) will discuss how virtual production is changing the game in filmmaking at the studio level – from creative opportunities for artists, to budgeting and staffing – and how they see virtual production evolving from here
- Cinema creature creator Aaron Sims will demonstrate how his studio is bringing new creatures into feature films with Unreal Engine
- Animation studio AMGI will provide an under-the-hood demonstration of its real-time workflow for episodic animation, previewing its latest IP
- VFX industry veteran Max Rocchetti will debut content and behind-the-scenes clips from an upcoming Warner Bros. film, shot entirely on Italy’s first-ever LED stage
- The Mandalorian art director, Andrew Jones, will explore the value of virtual production in the art department from concept design through to final pixel
- A sneak peek at upcoming virtual production tools coming later this year in Unreal Engine 4.26 and a special presentation from Weta Digital
- And more to be announced!
Register early for this essential industry event!
Source: Epic Games