Available now for a limited time, the course helps animators with little-to-no Unreal Engine experience learn real-time animation skills; 15-class webinar kicks off today and runs through September 28.
Epic Games has announced a free, special edition Unreal Fellowship: Animation course designed to help animation professionals boost their knowledge and career by empowering them with real-time animation skills to help meet the challenges and monumental changes in the animation industry.
The announcement was made in the “Free Unreal Fellowship: Animation course hits EDC” blog post – complete details are available here.
The 15-class webinar series kicks off today and runs through September 28, with the first class now available via the Epic Developer Community (EDC). Typically an invite-only course, it is now available to audit for free for a limited time. Presented in webinar-style recordings, the first batch of content is now available. It’s also the first time the course is offered to animators with little-to-no Unreal Engine experience.
Traditionally, class participants are industry professionals with beginning to intermediate levels of Unreal Engine experience, most commonly:
- Animators, technical animators/directors, layout artists, previs artists, motion editors
- Directors, animation supervisors, VFX supervisors, previs supervisors
- Film, broadcast, and animation studio executives with production experience in linear animation or VFX content creation.
Through lessons, participants can expect to see why real-time animation is gaining a foothold in the entertainment industry. While active participation and project coursework won't be available, review presentation/course materials not typically found online will be available.
The course focuses on the principles of animation, as well as various tools and techniques used in Unreal Engine. These include keyframing, Sequencer, animation Blueprints, Control Rig, Live Link, and Movie Render Queue.
- Gain insights into the current state of real-time animation industry trends
- Grasp core concepts of lighting and essential rendering techniques
- Showcase animation principles using keyframes in Unreal Engine Sequencer
- Utilize Sequencer and its curve editor to craft shots and sequences
- Develop a simple control rig for bipedal character prop animation
- Enhance mocap or keyframe data with additive animation layering
- Master optimal approaches for integrating third-party DCC animation data
Epic experts are available to answer questions via this link during office hours:
- Sept 14 - 11:00 – 1:00 PM PST
- Sept 21 - 11:00 – 1:00 PM PST
- Sept 28 - 11:00 – 1:00 PM PST
Visit the Unreal Engine Fellowship blog for additional information.
Source: Epic Games