Key partner renewals and new licensees led by master toy licensee Jazwares.
NEW YORK -- Entertainment One (eOne), an international entertainment company, is expanding the U.S. consumer products program for its global preschool hit Peppa Pig with an even broader assortment of merchandise to meet strong consumer demand for everything Peppa. Leading the way are contract renewals for all of Peppa’s major North American partners, led by master toy licensee Jazwares. In addition, beginning this spring, the super popular brand will welcome a slew of new partners to the fold that will further extend Peppa merchandise into a new range of categories for the award-winning, top-rated series airing daily on Nick Jr. eOne will showcase Peppa Pig among its other key brands at Licensing Expo 2016 in Las Vegas, June 21-23 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center – Booth G196.
In addition to its winning toy lineup, Jazwares, is extending its toy range to include a broad range of children’s electronics, such as headphones, walkie talkies, a sing-along radio, digital alarm clocks, and more. The debut collection will begin rolling out to key mass retailers this fall. Joining Jazwares, eOne has extended its successful partnerships with other top-tier licensees in key categories, including: Scholastic (publishing); Candlewick Press (publishing); Happy Threads (apparel); Komar (sleepwear); and Esquire (footwear). The hit stage show, Peppa Pig Live!: Peppa Pig’s Big Splash! (produced by Red Light Management) has performed to sell-out crowds all across the U.S. and Canada, and has added a fall 2016 leg with 35 additional performances, the second extension of the original tour schedule.
“Peppa is now one of the top preschool properties in North America,” said Joan Grasso, VP, Licensing – North America, eOne Family. “We’re thrilled with the opportunity to continue our strong partnerships with Jazwares and our other key best-in-class licensees, who have all helped to create this successful preschool program. We’re also very excited to provide fans with even more meaningful and fun-filled ways to engage with Peppa.”
In addition to the extensive offerings from current licensees, the brand’s newest partners will introduce a wide array of exceptional products – from swimwear to ride-ons, card games to sunglasses, and much more – at retail this year, including:
- Dreamwave – Little girls can make a splash this summer with a range of Peppa Pig swimwear, including the Peppa Pig Toddler Girl One-Piece Swimsuit, featuring an adorable pink tutu and a smiling Peppa on her toes emblazoned on the front. Available now in sizes 2T-4T. SRP $26.
- Cardinal Games – Kids can deal themselves in with Peppa Pig Playing Cards Super Set, featuring three jumbo decks with Peppa Pig, her family and friends. The set includes four card holders to help little hands hold the cards and instructions for family favorite card games such as Crazy Eights, Go Fish, Rummy, Snap, and more! Ages 3+, SRP $15.
- H2W/Sunstaches – For hot, sunny days come these cool new shades for Peppa fans. The new sunglasses will protect children’s eyes while helping them make a fashion statement – Peppa-style! Ages 3+, SRP $9.99.
- Jakks Pacific – For active Peppa fans are Peppa Pig Push N Scoot and Peppa Pig Family Adventure Playland as well as a selection of novelties, including Peppa Pig Mini Sky Bouncers, Licensed Character Balls and Peppa Pig Hoops. The Push N Scoot has handlebars with two activation buttons that play the Peppa Pig theme song along with fun phrases and sound effects, while the Family Adventure Playland is a beautifully-decorated ball pit with character graphics from the series. The new novelty items also showcase Peppa character art. Ages 1-3, SRP $19.99; Ages 2+, SRP $29.99; and SRP $1.99 - $9.99, respectively.
- The Northwest Company – A snuggly warm and fashionable line of Made-in-America tapestry throws, including 48” x 60” designs, featuring a special weaving process that creates a high-quality and detailed tapestry throw with decorative fringe edges. Among the new offerings are “Land of Nod,” featuring a sleeping Peppa and her adorable little toy, and “Just Bobbing Along…Sailing the Ocean Blue,” a colorful scene of Peppa in a rowboat with her friends in nearby sailboats. SRP $29.99 each.
- Playhut – Whether hiding out, relaxing or creating their own Peppa environment, kids can immerse themselves in Peppa’s world with imaginative new play tents, Peppa Pig Family Car and Peppa Pig Tree House. Preschoolers can play hide-and-seek in the Family Car, while the Tree House provides a large area for them to hide and play. Both tents feature a tunnel port for additional crawl-through fun. The Tree House also includes a U-flap door. SRP $39.99 each.
- Playtex – Peppa fans can quench their thirst while enjoying their favorite characters with Playtex Sipsters Stage 3 Sippy Cups. These 9oz. character-adorned cups feature double walled insulation to keep drinks cool twice as long as regular single wall cups. Easy for small hands to hold, each Sipsters is spill-proof, break-proof and leak-proof. Ages 12 months+, SRP $5.99 and $8.99 (two-pack).
Peppa Pig is an entertainment powerhouse with more than 700 licensees worldwide. The show airs in over 180 territories and has been translated in more than 40 languages.