Submissions now being accepted through August 15, 2021; coming to Tokyo December 14-17, festival showcases innovative shorts, commercials, VFX reels, simulations, visualizations, cinematics and other exciting, CG animated work.
The SIGGRAPH Asia 2021 Computer Animation Festival (SACAF 2021) has extended its submission deadline to August 15, 2021! Coming to Tokyo, Japan December 14-17 as part of SIGGRAPH Asia 2021, SACAF 2021 will celebrate the vibrant, diverse, and inspiring world of computer animation. From short films to scientific visualizations to AI-enhanced deepfakes, this year’s festival promises its most expansive and compelling program ever. Conference program details will be announced as they become available.
The festival is looking for new, innovative animated content in a host of categories. If your project used a computer for some part of the production, SACAF 2021 wants to see it! Creators from around the world are invited to submit their projects and help showcase the world’s best, most inspiring, entertaining, and cutting-edge computer animation.
An international jury of computer animation experts will judge the best works entered in each category; from that pool of top picks, they will hand out three prestigious 2021 awards: Best Student Project, Jury Special, and Best in Show. In addition, judges will select between 30-40 (or more) “best of the best” works from across the submission pool, to be curated into the two “stars” of the festival: the always spectacular Electronic Theater and Animation Theater programs.
Each year, the Electronic Theater and Animation Theater never fail to dazzle and delight conference audiences eager to sit back and enjoy an entertaining and thought-provoking sample of the world’s best CG animation.
There is no entry fee, and you can enter as many projects as you like. Join the festivities and help the festival honor the best in CG animation -- submit your latest projects in any of the following categories:
- Computer Animated Shorts: Includes character animation, narrative works, experimental works, opening sequences, game cinematics, selections and/or montages of animated television series, new-media format.
- Animated Feature Films: Selections and/or montages of computer animation created for animated feature films.
- Music Videos: Commissioned and/or independent works that use any combination of computer animation, digital effects, and live action to illustrate, enhance, and/or complement a musical creation.
- TV and Web Commercials: Advertisements created entirely or partially with computer animation and/or digital effects. This category also includes promotional spots, broadcast bumpers and graphics, and public service announcements.
- Visualizations and Simulations: Computer animations created to explain, analyze, or visualize information for applications including scientific research, architecture, engineering, systems simulations, education, and documentary projects.
- Visual Effects for Films and TV Programs: Selections and/or montages of visual effects created for live-action films and/or for television programs.
- Real-Time Animation: Game, web, and mobile animations that are rendered in the same amount of time that it takes to play them back. Real-time technology demos are also encouraged! Real-time technology demos should be submitted to Real-Time Live!
- Others: Computer Animations that do not fit in any of the above categories.
The extended submission deadline is now August 15, 2021. Visit the SACAF 2021 webpage for more information, including how to submit, submission rules and requirements, and an FAQ.
Or, you can submit your work directly by logging into the SIGGRAPH Asia Submission System.
Remember: There is no entry fee, and you can enter as many projects as you like.
Please share the news with classmates, team members, and colleagues - SACAF 2021 wants to see their work too!
SIGGRAPH Asia 2021
December 14-17, 2021 | TIF, Tokyo, Japan | #SIGGRAPHAsia | #SIGGRAPHAsia2021
Source: SIGGRAPH Asia 2021