More talks, presentations and screenings are confirmed for the upcoming conference, including looks behind the scenes of the recent Disney and Illumination animated features, as well as Locksmith Animation’s ‘Ron’s Gone Wrong;’ event runs onsite May 3-5, online May 6 and on demand through May 31.
FMX 2022 has released its latest set of new program highlights for the upcoming conference, running onsite May 3-5 and online May 6. Check out the full program on the FMX website.
Only three weeks to go, and here’s the latest in Feature Animation Talks:
Walt Disney Animation Studios – The Technology Behind Encanto's Casita
- Join Scott Kersavage (visual effects supervisor), Tad Miller (technical supervisor), Nadim Sinno (associate technical supervisor), and technical directors Justin Kern, Nellie Robinson, and Annamarie Fuchs, as they share the technological innovations behind bringing the artistic vision of Encanto's Casita to life.
Illumination - Sing 2
- CG supervisors Boris Jacq and Richard Adenot pull back the curtains and share a behind the scenes look at a new chapter of the franchise. They will share production highlights from story to final frame featuring character animation, environments, effects, texture, and lighting.
Ron’s Gone Right: Making a Debut Feature with two Startup Studios
- Director JP Vine will be presenting the behind-the-scenes process of creating and directing Locksmith's award-winning first feature, Ron's Gone Wrong.
- May 5 - ITFMX Screening of Ron's Gone Wrong in cooperation with Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film (ITFS) on May 5. More information is available here.
Sustainability & B-Corp Certification
- Tom Box (Blue Zoo) and Jonathan Harris (Dupe VFX) will elaborate on how and why they went through the rigorous B Corp certification process to measure the impact of every aspect of their business.
Here’s the latest in Sound Design sessions:
Theo Green on Sound Design and Music Composition
- The Academy-Award winning sound designer and supervising sound editor (Dune, Blade Runner 2049), and composer (The Gambler), will discuss the blurred lines between sound design and music composition and in his most recent work trading sounds back and forth with Hans Zimmer for Dune.
- Green will host an exclusive Sound Masterclass at Filmakademie Campus on May 6. Participation is limited. To register, please email email@example.com.
Skywalker Sound Presents: Creating the SSSoundscape for The Book of Boba Fett
- Join Bonnie Wild and David Acord for a conversation discussing the soundscape the team created for how they brought something familiar to creatures, characters, ships, and places that are wholly new.
Casting and Audio Production at Nickelodeon Animation Studios
- Panelists from casting and audio production, Justin Brinsfield and Roxanne Escatel will detail the Nickelodeon Animation Studio process for ensuring industry leading voice recordings for their slate of content. Topics will include initial casting, working with talent, technology used, and continuing production in a remote work-state and beyond.
Check out FMX 2022 for the latest programming and FMX forum news.
Source: FMX 2022