Interactive cloud sculpting and rendering plugin for Autodesk Maya supports rendering in modern render tools including Arnold and RenderMan.
The interactive cloud sculpting and rendering plugin for Autodesk Maya has been released in version 1.5 with support for volumetric clouds directly into modern renders such as Arnold and RenderMan through OpenDVB. Elementacular allows you to design cloud shapes through Maya mesh operations while continuously visualizing beautiful volumetric clouds directly in the viewport -- interactively and in high quality. The export to OpenVDB allows the cloud to integrate seamlessly with the rendering of the entire scene -- no more postproduction and composition needed to integrate the Elementacular clouds in your final image.
Major changes in 1.5:
- OpenVDB export.
- Support for all Maya versions 2014 all the way up to 2017 update 2.
- Support for newest NVidia Graphics cards.
- Support for AMD Graphics cards.
- A new licensing system.
- Fixed several flickering issues seen when moving a cloud out of a cameras view space.
- Several performance tweaks and bug fixes.
Version 1.5 is available for download at elementacular.com.