This summer’s hit comedy adventure stars Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt in a thrilling journey through the Amazon to find an ancient tree said to cure illness and injury; based on Disneyland’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ ride, the film hits 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on November 16.
Disney’s hit summer adventure Jungle Cruise is coming to home entertainment, available on digital tomorrow, August 31, with 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD coming November 16. Released with a plethora of exciting bonus features, the film, starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt, takes fans on a thrilling adventure through the Amazon to find an ancient tree said to cure illnesses and injury alike.
Jungle Cruise is based on the classic and recently renovated Disneyland Resort attraction of the same name, an action-packed rapid-riddled ride down the Amazon River. Captain Frank Wolff (Johnson) leads Dr. Lily Houghton (Blunt) through the jungle in search of the miracle tree; see jumping boats, Wolff’s witty money-making antics, and an ancient myth turned reality as the audience engages in a quest to aid humanity. But the cruise gets ever more treacherous as the Captain learns there is much more to this particular cruise than money, and Dr. Houghton realizes that something more important is at stake as the Jungle Cruise comes ever closer to its destination.
Whet your appetite with a look at the trailer:
The live-action comedy adventure is directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, and stars Johnson (Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle) as Captain Frank Wolff; Blunt (A Quiet Place) as Dr. Lily Houghton; Edgar Ramírez (Point Break) as Aguirre; Jack Whitehall (Good Omens) as MacGregor Houghton; Jesse Plemons (The Irishman) as Prince Joachim; Paul Giamatti (Straight Outta Compton) as Nilo; and Veronica Falcón (Queen of the South) as Trader Sam. John Davis and John Fox of Davis Entertainment produce, along with Johnson, Hiram Garcia, and Dany Garcia of Seven Bucks Productions; Beau Flynn of Flynn Picture Co., Scott Sheldon and Doug Merrifield serve as executive producers. The story is by John Norville & Josh Goldstein and Glenn Ficarra & John Requa, with a screenplay by Michael Green and Glenn Ficarra & John Requa.
Handling the film’s VFX were ILM, DNEG, Weta Digital, EDI Effetti Digitali Italiani, Rising Sun Pictures, Rodeo FX and UPP.
The digital and physical copy releases offer all sorts of exciting bonus features for Jungle Cruise fans, with never-before-seen bonus footage, including 11 deleted scenes, bloopers and behind-the-scenes short documentaries.
- Creating The Amazon: Takes a look at the skillful artistry of how Disney created the Amazon Rainforest and used a giant tank to simulate the Amazon River in the middle of Atlanta. Then watch how they brought digital beasts to terrifying realism. The Jungle Cruise team even built an entire town in Kauai, Hawaii amidst severe rains to create the dense forestry and dangerous journey in the film.
- Dwayne And Emily: Undoubtedly Funny
- Get to know the cast as the charismatic duo joke and talk about working on Jungle Cruise together.
- It’s A Jungle Out There: Making Jungle Cruise
- Director Jaume Collet-Serra, the cast and crew talk about the importance of the different elements used to create Jungle Cruise, from casting and make-up, to using an indigenous language, and watch how all the elements work together to bring the Jungle Cruise to life on the big screen.
- Jungle Cruise Expedition Mode
- A new way to experience the film with pop up trivia, fun facts, and easter eggs that any Disney fan can appreciate.
- Once A Skip, Always A Skip
- Hear tales from a panel of skippers that captain the famous Disney attraction “Jungle Cruise” which takes guests at the Disneyland Resort through the treacherous Amazon, providing hilarious commentary and insight into what manning the jungle cruise is all about.
- An inside look at the bloopers and blunders of the cast and crew in this hilarious series of outtakes and retakes.
- Deleted Scenes
- MacGregor Drives The Boat
- MacGregor Water Skis
- Joachim And Nilo On The Dock
- Frank Talks To Proxima & Lily's Nightmares
- Sub Gets Stuck
- Proxima Surprises MacGregor
- Frank Gets The Cold Shoulder
- Trader Sam And Lily Walk In The Jungle
- MacGregor And Trader Sam Say Goodbye
- Frank Makes Tea For Lily
- The Backside Of Water
Journey with Captain Wolf and Dr. Houtton on the Jungle Cruise adventure, avoid the lines, explore the Amazon, and see the eighth wonder of the world -- the backside of water, from the comfort of your own home, on digital August 31, and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on November 16.
- 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-ray unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras, and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.