Streamer debuts dozens of first looks, new trailers, and exclusive clips from projects across The Walt Disney Company’s studios as it marks its first two years of operations; new animated series coming include ‘Frozen’ spin-off ‘Olaf Presents,’ ‘The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild,’ ‘The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder,’ and Pixar’s ‘Win or Lose.’
This past Friday, The Walt Disney Company marked 2 years of streaming with Disney+ Day, a global celebration of the Disney universe where subscribers were treated to new content releases across the service’s iconic brands - Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic - along with a special presentation on Disney+ for fans with sneak peeks into what’s to come. The streamer also announced their expansion of Disney+ into new Asia-Pacific markets.
“The inaugural Disney+ Day will be a grand-scale celebration of our subscribers across the entire company,” shared The Walt Disney Company Chief Executive Officer Bob Chapek. “This day of appreciation brings to life our mission to entertain, inform, and inspire fans and families around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, and will become an annual tentpole event to be amplified across our global businesses."
Disney+ not only premiered more than 25 new pieces of content, but also debuted dozens of first looks, new trailers, and exclusive clips from The Walt Disney Company’s studios.
Check out some announcements in animation:
- Disenchanted – The sequel to the 2007 live-action/animated musical fantasy starring Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey to stream exclusively on Disney+ in Fall 2022.
- Olaf Presents - An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios sees Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can.
- Ciao Alberto - An animated short from Pixar, featuring characters from this summer’s animated film Luca.
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands.
- The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild - Simon Pegg is back as Buck in an all-new movie, premiering January 28, 2022.
- Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers - John Mulaney and Andy Samberg voice Chip and Dale in this hybrid live-action/CG animated feature coming Spring 2022.
- The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder - Penny Proud is grown up in the new show, based on the Disney Channel series from the 2000s, starts streaming February 2022.
- Win or Lose - Pixar’s first-ever original long-form animated series comes to Disney+ in 2023. Each episode follows a different character on a middle school co-ed softball team preparing for their championship game.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Writer and producer Jeff Kinney revealed new art for the animated Diary of a Wimpy Kid, coming to Disney+ on December 3, 2021. The sequel Rodrick Rules will come to the streamer in 2022.
- Zootopia+ - Return to the fast-paced mammal metropolis of Zootopia with Zootopia+, a new short-form series coming in 2022.
- Cars on the Road - Mater and Lightning McQueen from Cars go on a cross-country road trip in this animated series, streaming in 2022.
- Baymax— A spinoff of Big Hero 6 starts streaming on Disney+ in summer 2022
Subscribers will also be treated to the domestic Disney+ streaming debut of fan favorite shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios including Frozen Fever, Oscar-winning shorts Feast and Paperman, and Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short, Get A Horse!
Go to the Disney+ Twitter Page to see all content and announcements.