The Cape-Town inspired animated series follows optimistic squirrel Kiff and best friend Barry the bunny on their adventures in Table Town, where animals and magical oddballs live side by side.
Disney Branded Television announced that Kiff, their nutty new animated buddy-comedy about optimistic squirrel Kiff and her chill bunny bestie Barry, will premiere Friday, March 10, on Disney Channel (8:00 p.m. EST/PST) and Wednesday, March 15, on Disney+. Kimiko Glenn (Orange Is the New Black) stars in the titular role of Kiff, whose thirst for life takes her on countless adventures through their city alongside Barry, voiced by H Michael Croner (Craig of the Creek).
Disney Channel has also shared the series’ theme song.
From creators and executive producers Lucy Heavens and Nic Smal, the series follows Kiff and Barry as they navigate school, relationships and their often-eccentric community in Table Town, a world where animals and magical oddballs tackle day-to-day life together.
Inspired by the people and places Heavens and Smal experienced growing up in Cape Town, South Africa, each half-hour episode, comprised of two 11-minute stories, will include a new original song. In addition to their creative roles, Heavens and Smal also voice characters in the series: Heavens as Kiff's drama teacher, Helen, and Smal as the principal of Table Town School, Principal Secretary.
Joining the cast in recurring roles are:
- James Monroe Iglehart (Broadway's “Aladdin”) and Lauren Ash (Superstore) as Kiff's parents, Martin and Beryl
- Deedee Magno Hall (Steven Universe) as Kiff's teacher, Miss Deer Teacher
- Eugene Cordero (Loki) as Kiff's neighbor, The Pone, and the school secretary, Secretary Prince
- Josh Johnson (The Daily Show with Trevor Noah) as Barry's brother, Harry Buns
- Eric Bauza (Looney Toons) as TV producer Roy Fox and Kiff's classmate Reggie
- Vella Lovell (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) as Kiff's classmate Candle Fox
- Steve Little (Adventure Time) as the town city manager, Glarbin Gloobin
- Kent Osborne (Phineas and Ferb) as the school janitor, Sweepy Steve
- Gary Anthony Williams (Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur) as artist manager Flam Bingo
- Mary Mack (Solar Opposites) as Kiff's classmate Renee
- Rhys Darby (Our Flag Means Death) as a troll living under a bridge, Trollie
- Tom Kenny (Spongebob SquarePants) as Kiff's classmates Trevor, Gareth and Darryn
- Katie Crown (Amphibia) as town barista, Pawva
- Kate Flannery (The Office) as laundromat owner and Helen's sister, Agnes
- Nichole Sakura (Superstore) as Barry's sister, Terri Buns
- Rachel House (Thor: Ragnarok) as Barry's mom, Mary Buns
Planned extensions for the series include the "Kiff Original Soundtrack" from Walt Disney Records and a stand-alone vertical-scrolling adventure game, available March 10 in the DisneyNOW app and on DisneyNow.com.
In addition to Heavens and Smal, the creative team includes Emmy Award-winning Kent Osborne (Phineas and Ferb and Adventure Time), serving as co-producer and story editor, and Winnie Chaffee (Captain Planet and the Planeteers) as producer. Kiff is produced by Titmouse in association with Disney Channel.
Source: Disney Branded Television