Presentations on June 13 and 14 will showcase Disney’s 100-year legacy, including ‘Building on the Legacy’ and a look forward at ‘Learning the Ropes: A Guide to Creating the Next Big Disney Hit;’ other highlights include an exclusive screening of the animated anthology ‘Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire,’ and reveals from DBT President Ayo Davis and Disney EMEA VP of Animation Orion Ross.
This June 11-17, Annecy, France, will become the most magical place on earth when the animation industry descends on the beautiful lakeside town for the Annecy International Animation Festival. Disney Television Animation has announced it will be on hand to share in the magic and present two panels showcasing how their artistic teams draw upon Disney’s 100-year legacy to create entertaining content for generations of fans worldwide.
Tuesday, June 13 - Panel: "Learning the Ropes: A Guide to Creating the Next Big Disney Hit" features series creators discussing what goes into the making of a global hit animated series for kids and families.
Moderator - Disney Branded Television senior vice president, Animation Development, Emily Hart
- Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh - Emmy Award winners from the hugely popular animated series Phineas and Ferb
- Lucy Heavens and Nic Smal – creators/executive producers of Disney Branded Television's new animated series Kiff
- Sarah Mullervy, writer/producer of SuperKitties
- Natasha Kline, creator/executive producer of Primos
Tuesday, June 13 – Press Conference
Ayo Davis, President of Disney Branded Television, and Orion Ross, Vice President of Animation for Disney EMEA, share upcoming and unannounced U.S. and European productions.
Wednesday, June 14 - Panel: “Building on Legacy” features the creative teams behind some of Disney Branded Television's acclaimed and highly anticipated animated series. Panelists will discuss expanding Marvel, Disney Television Animation, and Disney Animation properties for a new generation of fans.
Moderator - Disney Junior senior vice president, Development, Series and Strategy, Alyssa Sapire
- Bruce W. Smith - creator/executive producer of the animated series The Proud Family and its Emmy-Award-winning revival The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder
- Ralph Farquhar - executive producer of the animated series The Proud Family and its Emmy-Award-winning revival The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder
- Rodney Clouden - supervising producer of Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
- Pilar Flynn - producer of Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
- And... the showrunner behind a brand-new animated series inspired by a well-known Disney Animation property to be unveiled during the festival.
Wednesday, June 14 - Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire Screening
The exclusive public screening will feature the first episodes of the new anthology series, with executive producers Peter Ramsay, Tendayi Nyeke, and Anthony Silverston attending.
The new 10-short film anthology series brings together animation stars from Zimbabwe, Uganda, South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, and Egypt in a wildly entertaining journey into the future of Africa. It will be available on Disney+ sometime this year.
Source: Disney Television Animation