Outdoor screening series features Disney+ Originals world premieres of ‘The Right Stuff,’ and ‘Clouds;’ screenings of fan favorites will include ‘The Simpsons,’ ‘Hocus Pocus,’ ‘Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back,’ ‘The Sound of Music.’
BURBANK -- Disney+ will come to life at the Disney+ Drive-In Festival at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California. The screening series, running October 5-12, will bring guests together to enjoy the best of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic under the stars in a safe and entertaining experience. The week will kick off with the world premiere of The Right Stuff before it starts streaming Friday, October 9 on Disney+. After six nights of fan-favorite screenings open to the public, the series will wrap with the premiere of the Disney+ original movie “Clouds,” debuting October 16 on the service.
The festival movie nights will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Walt Disney Animation Studios film Tangled; the 40th anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back alongside; and the 55th anniversary of the Rodgers & Hammerstein classic film and return to LA of The Sound Of Music Sing-A-Long. In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, the festival will feature the Pixar Animation Studio film Coco on Wednesday, October 7, while Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel will screen on Sunday, October 11 in celebration of International Day of the Girl. On Friday, October 9, guests can join a fun Halloween-themed night featuring Hocus Pocus and more spooky surprises. Each night will get started with a classic animated short, fan-favorite episode of The Simpsons or sneak peek trailers from Disney+ Originals on the big screen.
Capacity is extremely limited, and reservations will be required to attend. Fans can register for complimentary tickets here. One registration is required for each vehicle, with a maximum of four guests per vehicle.
Disney+ Drive-In Festival 2020 Schedule:
Monday, October 5
- The Right Stuff - World Premiere Screening (Invite Only)
Tuesday, October 6
- Tangled 10th Anniversary Screening (Open to the public. Register beginning September 28)
Wednesday, October 7
- Coco - Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month (Open to the public. Register beginning September 28)
Thursday, October 8
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Screening (Open to the public. Register beginning September 28)
Friday, October 9
- Hocus Pocus Disney+ Halloween Night (Open to the public. Register beginning September 28)
Saturday, October 10
- The Sound of Music Sing-A-Long 55th Anniversary Screening (Open to the public. Register beginning September 28)
Sunday, October 11
- Captain Marvel Celebrating International Day of the Girl (Open to the public. Register beginning September 28)
Monday, October 12
- Clouds - World Premiere Screening (Invite Only)
In compliance with State and County requirements, the Disney+ Drive-In Festival will follow safety guidelines to protect all guests and staff:
- Guests must remain in their vehicles for the duration of the program.
- No sitting outside of the vehicle will be allowed.
- Congregating of any type is prohibited.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be enforced at all times.
- Face coverings must be worn when interacting with attendants, and when exiting vehicles to visit the restrooms.