There are only 3 days left for Canadian creators to submit original animated series content to Mercury Filmworks’ annual pitching competition returning in-person to the festival’s TAC business conference, running September 21 – 23; entries must be received by June 30.
Calling all Canadian creators – there are three days left to submit your original animated series concept to Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) and Ottawa-based animation studio Mercury Filmworks’ “Pitch THIS!” The annual competition returns in person to The Animation Conference (TAC) running September 21 – 23. The Ottawa International Animation Festival runs September 21 – 25. The submission deadline is June 30.
The competition provides Canadian creators a unique opportunity to refine their craft and reach an audience of peers, studio executives, and potential buyers.
Up to 10 submissions will be selected for the semi-finals, and creators will be paired with established industry mentors to fine-tune their 10-minute pitch presentation for September 21.
Previous Mentors from 2021:
- Casey Gonzalez, Director of Development at Fred Films - formerly at Frederator, Crunchyroll
- Heather Kenyon, Executive Producer, Partner at Citizen Skull - formerly at Cartoon Network
- Curtis Lelash, Producer & Creative Executive - formerly at Netflix, Cartoon Network
- Chantal Ling, Vice President, Original Series & Co-Productions at Mercury Filmworks
- Annie Liu, Manager, Animation Series at Netflix
The winner will be awarded a grand prize including:
- $5,000 cash prize from Mercury Filmworks
- Toon Boom Harmony Premium Annual license and online training
- $1,000 in legal services from Edwards Creative Law
- Two TAC Animapasses to OIAF 2023
The runner-up will also receive a free 1-hour consultation with Edwards Creative Law.
Click here, before it’s too late!