Disney releases high-definition special editions of its hit ‘101 Dalmatians’ prequel, starring Emma Stone and Emma Thompson, about the early days of the fashionable villain, Cruella de Vil; home entertainment versions feature an array of bonus features, deleted scenes and bloopers.
Disney’s hit live-action 101 Dalmatians prequel, Cruella is now available on Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD, and DVD. The film has been available digitally since this past June.
Disney has created three 4K Ultra HD SKUs as part of a limited-edition collection at Target, Walmart and Best Buy, respectively. The Target SKU includes two gold-foiled, exclusive lithographs designed by Poster Posse artist Nicky Barkla and Bella Grace; The Best Buy SKU is a limited run of the film packaged in a collectable SteelBook case; and the Walmart SKU includes an e-book.
In addition to the film, viewers will enjoy an array of bonus features including cast interviews, featurettes and deleted scenes in Ultra HD quality and Dolby Atmos.
Emma Stone (La La Land) stars in the live-action feature film about the rebellious early days of one of cinemas most notorious – and notoriously fashionable – villains, the legendary Cruella de Vil. Cruella, set in 1970s London amidst the punk rock revolution, follows a young grifter named Estella, a clever and creative girl determined to make a name for herself with her designs. She befriends a pair of young thieves who appreciate her appetite for mischief, and together they build a life for themselves on the London streets. One day, Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman, a fashion legend who is devastatingly chic and terrifyingly haute, played by Thompson (Howards End, Sense & Sensibility). But their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable, and revenge-bent Cruella.
- Deleted Scenes
- Hotel Heist Hallway
- Baroness Rejects Design Sketches
- The Two Emmas – Discover how real-life friends Emma Stone and Emma Thompson prepared for their roles as Cruella de Vil and the Baroness von Hellman, and transformed into the fashionably cool, but devilishly cruel, characters.
- The Sidekick Angle – No Disney villain/hero is complete without their sidekicks! Meet the talented actors who play Horace and Jasper, and learn how their characters deepen the ﬁlm’s story, and how the trio's friendship changes as the smart, feisty Estella becomes Cruella.
- Cruella Couture – Take in the spectacular artistry of this couture collection, with an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at some of the most fashionable moments in the movie.
- The World of Cruella – Experience the city locations and elaborate sets of Cruella, each featuring extraordinary production design detail, which bring 1970s London to life.
- New Dogs…Old Tricks – Go behind the scenes of the on-set life of an animal actor, and meet the smart, expressive, delightful dogs who play Buddy, Wink, and the Dalmatians, along with their devoted trainers. Catch the joy the pups experience in their daily doggie duties.
- Cruella 101 – Uncover Easter eggs and clever connections to Walt Disney’s 101 Dalmatians that are masterfully woven throughout this modern origin story of Cruella.
*Bonus features vary by product and retailer
- Emma Stone as Estella/Cruella
- Emma Thompson as The Baroness
- Joel Fry as Jasper
- Paul Walter Hauser as Horace
- Emily Beecham as Catherine/Maid
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Anita Darling
- Mark Strong as John the Valet
- Craig Gillespie
- Andrew Gunn
- Marc Platt
- Kristin Burr, p.g.a.
- Emma Stone
- Michelle Wright
- Jared LeBoff
- Glenn Close
- Dana Fox
- Tony McNamara
- Aline Brosh McKenna
- Kelly Marcel
- Steve Zissis
Based Upon the Novel:
“The One Hundred and One Dalmatians” by Dodie Smith
Original Score by:
- Nicholas Britell
Source: Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment