Latest VFX and animation reel showcases some of the year’s best work from film, tv and advertising; included are clips from feature films, ads and episodics from companies including Scanline VFX, Goodbye Kansas, and Blur Studio.
Chaos released its 2021 VFX and animation showreel featuring the work of nearly 30 production studios. The two-and-a-half-minute clip packs in some of the most notable uses of V-Ray in the last 12 months, spanning a full spectrum of feature films, commercials, and episodics, demonstrating how companies like Scanline VFX, Goodbye Kansas and Blur Studio use V-Ray.
Viewers are immersed in a rapid-fire world of freefall duels (Marvel Studios’ Black Widow), magical creatures (Netflix’s Shadow and Bone), enemy takedowns (Assassin's Creed Valhalla) and more. With recent product updates bringing more photorealism, built-in compositing and USD support, V-Ray continues to offer artists new ways to design and create.
Companies and projects include:
- a52 / Elastic – IKEA, Shadow and Bone (Netflix)
- Ambassadors – GMC
- Artjail – Volvo
- ASILE – Laguna Colorada
- Bipolar Studio – Porsche
- Blur Studio – Elder Scrolls Online (Bethesda Softworks), Fable, Rogue Company, State of Decay 3 (Microsoft)
- Bottleship VFX – Space Sweepers (Netflix)
- BUCK – Sherwin Williams
- Capsule Studio – Free Fire, Iron Harvest 1920+
- Colorbleed – KNGF
- Colorsponge / ALT Creative – Evinetta
- Crafty Apes – Loki (Disney+)
- Digital Domain – Black Widow, Loki, WandaVision
- FuseFX – Snowpiercer (TNT)
- Ghost VFX – Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Star Trek: Discovery, The Walking Dead
- Goodbye Kansas – Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Redfall, The Irregulars (Netflix), The Outer Worlds 2
- Korb – Makmak
- Lunar Animation – Mythic Legends
- LUXX Film – In-house project
- Mackevision – The Nevers (HBO)
- MAKE – Xbox (Microsoft)
- REALTIME – A Discovery of Witches (Sky One), Everwild Eternals (Rare), Subnautica: Below Zero (Unknown Worlds Entertainment), The Watch (BBC)
- Rooxter Films – The Seahorse Trainer
- Saddington Baynes – Singer Reimagined
- Scanline VFX – Black Widow, Free Guy (20th Century Studios), Zack Snyder's Justice League
- Stage 23 – Rising Wolf/Ascendant (Samuel Goldwyn Films)
- Vetor Zero – Toyota
- Zoic Studios – Superman & Lois, Sweet Tooth (Netflix)
Chaos is also currently amassing V-Ray-driven clips for their architecture, advertising, and automotive reels. If you would like to contribute to one, please contact David Tracy.