The fast-loading sequence player allows artists to quickly review animation and supports all industry standard image formats; new features also include floating-point compositing, A/B wipes, and OpenColorIO (OCIO) v2 support.
Chaos has announced the addition of Chaos Player, its fast-loading image sequence player, to V-Ray Collection. The feature set is also expanding to include floating-point compositing, A/B wipes, and OpenColorIO (OCIO) v2 support.
"When it's time to review animation, you don’t want to jump through a bunch of hoops to see it in action," explained Chaos product manager Alexander Yolov. "With Chaos Player, both animators and supervisors can playback high-resolution sequences almost instantaneously, so they can make decisions on the fly."
Chaos Player (formerly Pdplayer) delivers smooth playback of ultra-high-definition image sequences, allowing 3D artists, animators, and supervisors to quickly review animations. It supports all industry-standard image formats, including multichannel EXR renders, and brings live multilayer compositing, interactive color adjustments and collaborative markup tools into a single standalone application.
"Chaos Player is part of our daily workflow for nearly every project that comes through our door, as it’s always saving us time, whether we are working on feature films or streaming content from Netflix and HBO," shared Silhouette Images technical director Dmitry Vinnik. "The ability to load multiple 4K multichannel EXR sequences at once and cycle through layers is absolutely crucial to our team. At every stage there seems to be another little feature that helps, whether it's switching aspect ratios or converting files. It all adds up."
Chaos Player now includes:
- Floating-point compositing — Supports layered compositing of 32-bit, high-dynamic range image sequences with real-time playback.
- A/B wipes — Animators can now compare up to four versions of a shot in playback in real time.
- MP4 video support — Edits, compositions and frame sequences can now be exported to MP4.
- OCIO v2 support — The latest version of one of visual effects’ most used color management solutions now has full support in Chaos Player.
- High-DPI interface — The UI is now fully compatible with high-density and high-resolution displays.
To learn more about the new features, please visit the Chaos Player product page.
Information about pricing and availability is available here.