Upgrade combines features from V-Ray 5 and V-Ray Next, providing an easier to use rendering solution that is up to 7x faster.
Chaos Group has released V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D, combining advancements from V-Ray 5 and V-Ray Next into one easy-to-use rendering solution, and saving artists time with its built-in compositing, interactive light mixing, and scene intelligence tools that render scenes up to 7x faster.
“C4D users finally have access to the full V-Ray experience,” commented Chaos Group VP of product management, Phillip Miller. “This is a complete modernization of the product that will allow us to update it at the same pace as our other V-Ray integrations. No more waiting!”
With Light Mix, artists can create dozens of lighting scenarios from a single render. Color and light intensity can now be adjusted instantly in the new V-Ray Frame Buffer (VFB) without having to render again. Once everything is right, artists can save their recipes, send the layers to compositing, and update the lights in their scenes.
For the first time, a new Layer Compositor will allow artists to composite their renders directly in the VFB. Users can now combine and grade render passes, set blending modes and adjust colors without using a separate application.
To remove unnecessary set-up time from the creative equation, V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D comes with automatic scene analysis tools that will help artists produce faster, cleaner renders with no extra effort.
Cleaner, more accurate environment lighting can now be produced up to 7x faster with the Adaptive Dome Light (ADL). Point-and-shoot-style timesavers like Automatic Exposure and Automatic White Balance are now part of the V-Ray Physical Camera, so achieving the perfect render will be as easy as taking a snapshot. AI denoising has also been added to offer noise-free updates at interactive speeds, providing instant insights into lighting adjustments.
Faster GPU Rendering
The same V-Ray GPU architecture that made it 2x faster in V-Ray Next is now delivered to C4D users. Artists can now take full advantage of their hardware, rendering on GPUs, CPUs, or a combination of both. With full support for NVIDIA RTX cards, V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D is primed for rapid boosts, helping artists hit the highest heights of production rendering.
Other New Features in V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D Include:
- Fast Interactive Rendering – Artists can now view changes in the moment, helping them create the look they want, without the wait.
- Distributed Rendering – Harness the power of multiple machines working together to render images even faster.
- Chaos Cloud – Render stills and animations at the push of a button with Chaos Group’s cloud rendering service.
- Volume Rendering – Easily render realistic fog, smoke and atmospheric effects or bring in volume grid caches from Houdini, FumeFX, and Phoenix FD.
- Coat Layer – The updated V-Ray Material can now generate reflective coatings on surfaces without the use of blend materials.
- Sheen Layer – Easily simulate soft, microfiber fabrics like velvet, satin, and silk inside the updated V-Ray Material.
- Metalness – Metalness reflections are now supported directly by the V-Ray Material, making it fully compatible with PBR workflows.
- Car Paint 2 Material – A new car paint material can take automotive renders to the next level with realistic flakes and less memory.
- Improved V-Ray Dirt – Add dirt to cracks and crevices, create procedural streaks or cover an entire surface for a more weathered look.
- Physical Hair Material – Achieve more realistic results with the new physically accurate V-Ray Hair Material.
- New Sun and Sky Model – Capture the light of magic hour. The improved Sun and Sky model is more accurate and looks better at sunrise and sunset, even as the sun dips below the horizon.
- Texture Randomization – Аdd variety to scenes by randomizing colors and textures with V-Ray Multi Sub Texture.
- VRscans Material Library Support – Access a library of over 1,000 photorealistic materials that can be dropped into any V-Ray scene file.
- Native Support for Cinema 4D Noises – Enhance renderings with different noise patterns and detailed surfaces. Now with less memory consumption.
- Light Path Expressions – Artists can now create their own render passes for the ultimate control in compositing.
- Blue-Noise Sampling – Artists will now see less noise in their renders using the same number of samples.
- Out-of-Core GPU Rendering – Initial support for out-of-core geometry helps users break through memory constraints to render larger scenes.
For additional information on features and pricing visit the V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D product page.
Source: The Chaos Group