Fourth annual event offers exclusive behind-the-scenes look at VFX for hit films, games and television; sneak peek at live VR rendering tech.
Chaos Group has announced its fourth annual V-Ray Days at SIGGRAPH 2016. This popular presentation series gives artists an in-depth look at the VFX created by some of the industry's top production studios. In addition, Chaos Group will showcase emerging rendering technology in volumetric VR and live VR rendering.
The two-day event will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Room 205A; presentations begin Tuesday, July 26 at 10:00 a.m. While the V-Ray Days sessions are open to all attendees, seating is limited and advanced registration is highly recommended. Due to the exclusive content being shown, recording is not permitted.
V-Ray Days Schedule:
Tuesday, July 26
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – FuseFX, “American Horror Story” and “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Encore VFX, “The Flash”
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Digital Domain, “Golden Age of Pirates”
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Nozon, PresenZ VR
- 4:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. – Square Enix, “Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV”
Wednesday, July 27
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Pixomondo, Large format VFX for theme park ride films
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Blur Studio, “Halo Wars 2”
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Atomic Fiction, “Deadpool”
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Scanline VFX, “San Andreas” and “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children”
Additional SIGGRAPH presentations:
A special presentation on the latest V-Ray tech will be led by Chaos Group’s co-founder and head of software development, Vladimir Koylazov. Scheduled for July 26 at 3 p.m., “Vlado in Renderland” will also mark the debut of a new live VR rendering solution currently under development. Using a headset and progressive rendering, artists and designers will be able to author VR content in a live environment, gaining instant feedback on any change they make. This technology will also be a key part of Chaos Group’s presentation at the NVIDIA Limelight event, to be held in Ballroom C of the Hilton Anaheim on July 26, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Chaos Group is presenting at SIGGRAPH’s Scratching the Surface series, which highlights new tech papers and achievements. The talk will be on a new stochastic algorithm that makes rendering mirror-like flakes for materials like car paint, sand, and snow faster, more memory-efficient and capable of GPU-acceleration. The Scratching the Surface event is set for July 28, from 3:45 – 5:15 p.m. in Ballroom B of the Anaheim Convention Center.
For more details on the V-Ray Days presentations, please visit Chaos Group’s SIGGRAPH website. Seating is limited, registration is open now.
Source: Chaos Group