The all-digital 3-day global event will feature webinars covering creative themes including manga-making and illustration; webinars will be hosted by creatives from a range of industries.
Celsys is partnering with Wacom to present “Manga & Anime Days,” a free 3-day worldwide all-digital event featuring workshops, presentations, and live drawing community events by and for creators. Various online sessions will address creative themes, such as manga-making, illustration, and portfolio reviews. The event runs From July 28 – 30.
Register now – webinars:
CLIP STUDIO PAINT
July 28 - 3:00 PM (CEST)
“History of a Manga Page, From the Sketch to The End Art”
Creator: Kenny Ruiz (Comic artist)
- Ruiz is a comic artist who has been working with European publishers for more than 20 years, with series including “Dos Espadas,” “Telemaque,” “Magic7,” and “Infinity: Outrage.” He is currently making a Manga series starring Osamu Tezuka characters called “Team Phoenix.”
- Create a full manga page in four steps, using the various features in Clip Studio Paint EX, which will help plan the work from the layout sketch called “Nemu,” all the way to the screen tones.
July 29 - 7:00 PM (CEST)
“Creating manga character art in a traditional art style using Clip Studio Paint”
Creator: ZeldaCW (Freelance Illustrator)
- A freelance illustrator, webcomic artist, and a content creator on Patreon, Zelda loves to create characters and bring them to life by telling their stories though comic pages. She works mostly in digital but also enjoys traditional media such as watercolors and brush pens.
- Zelda will demonstrate some of her usual coloring methods to achieve traditional looking art using the digital tools of Clip Studio Paint and the Wacom Cintiq.
July 30 - 7:00 PM (CEST)
“Cell shading coloring for a cartoon character using Clip Studio Paint”
Carles Dalmau (Illustrator)
- An illustrator from Spain, Dalmau has been drawing for 4 years. He has worked as a freelancer and a comic artist. He works mainly using Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop.
- In this webinar Dalmau will share the making of the cell shading coloring of his characters using Clip Studio Paint and the Wacom One. Learn everything from picking the colors to shading different kinds of lighting.
Celsys supports artists in their creation of artistic content with digital technology. Their solutions for content creation, distribution, and browsing, include support of creative activities through the illustration, manga, and animation production app “Clip Studio Paint” and web service “Clip Studio,” as well as the e-book, “Clip Studio Reader.”