Kids channel claims victory as television’s number one ad-supported network with kids 6-11 for 2015.
For the first time in its history, Cartoon Network is on track to finish the year as television's #1 ad-supported network with Kids 6-11, while also expanding its reign as the leading choice for kids on all screens and its longstanding dominance with boys. The network will also mark its second consecutive year as the only top Kids channel to show growth across all platforms.
As the home for the mobile-first generation known as Plurals, Cartoon Network scored success on multiple fronts in 2015, from launching the year's #1 new animated series, We Bare Bears, to delivering triple-digit growth for the Cartoon Network App. The year also saw Cartoon Network's Adventure Time honored with the prestigious Peabody Award, and Cartoon Network Studios won more Emmys than any of the network's competitors including Outstanding Animated Series for the critically acclaimed Over The Garden Wall.
Cartoon Network's success in offering fans a deeply immersive experience across all platforms led to the following highlights in 2015:
- Cartoon Network is the only kids network to show continued growth, increasing its deliveries of Kids 6-11 by +6%, Kids 2-11 by +5% and Boys by +2%.
- The network is the #1 VOD choice across all cable networks for 2015.
- Cartoon Network is home to seven of the Top 10 animated shows on television among boys 6-11 and 9-14.
- Cartoon Network's top-ranked app has grown its audience by +122% compared to last year.
- The network's cross-platform video plays have grown +13% over 2014, including +165% growth on mobile.
Source: Cartoon Network