Entries now being accepted in multiple categories, including shorts, visualizations, VFX sequences, game cinematics, and real-time pieces; deadline to enter is July 31, 2020.
The SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Computer Animation Festival (SACAF 2020) is now open for submissions. The festival invites creators from around the world to submit their projects and help showcase the world’s most innovative and exciting computer animation.
This coming November 17-20, SACAF 2020 will convene in Daegu, South Korea, to celebrate the vibrant, diverse, and inspiring world of computer animation. From short films to scientific visualizations to AI-enhanced deepfakes, this year’s festival promises its most expansive and compelling program ever.
An international jury of top computer animation experts will judge the best works entered in each category; from that pool of top picks, they’ll hand out three prestigious 2020 awards: Best Student Project, Jury Special, and Best in Show. In addition, judges will select between 30-40 (or more) “best of the best” works from across the submission pool, to be curated into the two “stars” of the festival: the always spectacular Electronic Theatre and Animation Theatre screenings.
Each year, the Electronic Theatre and Animation Theatre never fail to dazzle and delight conference audiences eager to sit back and enjoy an entertaining and thought-provoking sample of the world’s best CG animation.
If it’s animated, and a computer was used at some part of its production, SACAF 2020 wants to see it! Join the festivities and help the festival honor the best in CG animation -- submit your latest projects in any of the following categories:
- Computer Animated Shorts: Includes character animation, narrative works, experimental works, opening sequences, game cinematics, selections and/or montages of animated television series, new-media format.
- Animated Feature Films: Selections and/or montages of computer animation created for animated feature films.
- Music Videos: Commissioned and/or independent works that use any combination of computer animation, digital effects, and live action to illustrate, enhance, and/or complement a musical creation.
- TV and Web Commercials: Advertisements created entirely or partially with computer animation and/or digital effects. This category also includes promotional spots, broadcast bumpers and graphics, and public service announcements.
- Visualizations and Simulations: Computer animations created to explain, analyze, or visualize information for applications including scientific research, architecture, engineering, systems simulations, education, and documentary projects.
- Visual Effects for Films and TV Programs: Selections and/or montages of visual effects created for live-action films and/or for television programs.
- Real-Time Animation: Game, web, and mobile animations that are rendered in the same amount of time that it takes to play them back. Real-time technology demos are also encouraged! Real-time technology demos should be submitted to Real-Time Live!
- Others: Computer Animations that do not fit in any of the above categories.
The submission deadline is July 31, 2020. Visit the SACAF 2020 webpage for more information, including how to submit, submission rules and requirements, and an FAQ.
Or, you can submit your work directly by logging into the SIGGRAPH Asia Submission System.
Please share the news with classmates, team members, and colleagues - SACAF 2020 wants to see their work too!
“In a year when all our lives have been adversely impacted by the deadly coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, the Computer Animation Festival Team appreciates everyone’s ongoing support,” says SACAF 2020 Chair and AWN publisher and editor-in-chief, Dan Sarto. “Be well, stay safe, and hopefully, we’ll see you this coming November!”
Source: SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Computer Animation Festival