Italy’s premier animation, VFX, games and immersive storytelling conference is now accepting submissions for its 2020 film competition, with a €2,000 first prize.
The View Awards 2020 is now accepting submissions for their 2020 competition. The competition is open to professionals and students. If you made an innovative short using 2D/3D animation after January 1, 2019, they want to see it!
First prize is €2,000. The deadline to submit is September 15, 2020. Both individual and group projects accepted. Each submission should come with a press kit, description of the project, high res images of the work and director(s).
The ITALIANMIX is being awarded to the best short by Italian creatives; it is dedicated to the work of Italian artists made after January 1, 2019. The work can be animated, experimental or documentary. Maximum length is 30 minutes. First Prize is a Wacom Tablet. We accept both individual and group projects. Each submission should come with a press kit, description of the project, high res images of the work and director(s).
The fee to enter is €10.
Enter your work via Festhome: https://festivals.festhome.com/f/776
This year’s international jury:
- President of the Jury, VIEW Conference Director Maria Elena Gutierrez, Jury’s Chair
- Barbara Robertson, Journalist
- Carolyn Giardina, Tech Editor, The Hollywood Reporter
- Danny Dimian, Oscar winning VFX supervisor Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- Glenn Entis, Co-Founder, PDI
- Eric Darnell, Chief Creative Director and Co-founder Baobab, Director, Madagascar movies
- Max Giovagnoli, Director Visual Arts, IED Rome
- Constantin Ionescu, Cinema Engineering Student, Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy
Complete VIEW Awards info can be found here.
The VIEW Awards are part of the international VIEW Conference, Italy’s premiere event for Computer Graphics, Interactive and Immersive Storytelling, Animation, Visual Effects, Games, and VR, AR, and Mixed Reality, brings top professionals from those fields to the beautiful baroque city of Torino, Italy for a week of talks, presentations, and workshops.
The 2020 VIEW Conference will take place October 18-23 in Torino’s OGR venue. Registration is now open: https://www.viewconference.it/pages/registration/
For more information:
Source: VIEW Conference
Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.