Submissions are now being accepted for the 27th edition of ITFS, being held May 5 – 10, 2020.
The 27th Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film (ITFS), offers filmmakers, directors and production companies a high-profile platform to show their films to a wide audience as well as to professional visitors. Animation fans have an opportunity to admire animated short and feature-length films, series and games. The Festival presents a full, up-to-date spectrum of animated filmmaking and its intersections with visual effects, architecture, art, design, music and games.
The festival is now accepting submissions of animated films produced after October 1, 2018 in the following competition categories:
- International Competition (International short film competition)
- Young Animation (International student film competition)
- Tricks for Kids (International competition for short films for children)
- AniMovie (International feature-length film competition)
The submission deadline is December 1, 2019.
Other competitions that are launched separately are:
- Trickstar Business Award – Prize for innovative business models in the field of animation.
- Germanys Next Animation Talent – Pitching competition by Studio 100 Media | m4e for an innovative German children’s series project with international potential.
- German Animation Screenplay Award – Award for an excellent screenplay for German feature-length animated film.
- Animated Games Award Germany – Award for an animation-based computer game from Germany honoring the best visual design and aesthetics.
- Crazy Horse Session – 48H Animation Jam – International teams face the challenge of creating an animated short film involving Trixi, the festival mascot, in 48 hours.
More information regarding submissions is available on the ITFS website.
Source: Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film