Festival on island of Hokkaido offers awards for features, shorts, music videos and student films.
The submission for the competitions at New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival 2018 is now open.
This year, the festival adds two competitions: feature film, and student films as part of the short animated film competition. Other than in the student category, the short animated film competition includes international, Japan and music categories.
The deadline for the submission is June 30 for short films and July 31 for features.
The festival will be held Nov. 2-5 in the Terminal Building at New Chitose Airport, on the Japanese island of Hokkaido.
Awards are given in the following categories:
- Grand Prix — Short Film: 1 million yen (about $9,170).
- Grand Prix —Feature Film: 300,000 yen (about $2,751)
- Japan Grand Prix — Short Film: 500,000 yen (about $4,585)
- New Talent Award — Short Film: 200,000 yen (about $1,834)
- Best Music Animation: 100,000 yen (about $917)
- Audience Award: 100,000 yen (about $917)
- Best Student Film: Memento
- Kids Award: Memento
Last year, the festival received 2,037 submissions from 85 countries. Among the winners: Dolls Don’t Cry, by Frédérick Tremblay of Canada, Grand Prix; and Self-Honest Me, by Kazuki Sekiguchi of Japan, Japan Grand Prix.
Source: New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival