Entries are being accepted for competition in five categories; submission deadline is December 1, 2020.
The 28th Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Films (ITFS), taking place May 4-9, 2021, is now open for submissions. Animated films completed after October 1, 2019 can be submitted for competition in the following categories:
- International Competition – International Short Film Competition
- Young Animation – International Student Film Competition
- Tricks for Kids – International competition for animated short films for children
- Trickstar Nature Award – Competition for animated short films that deal with the issues of climate protection, biodiversity, environment, and sustainability in a critical and informative and entertaining and humorous way.
- AniMovie – International Feature Film Competition
The submission deadline is December 1, 2020.
The ITFS offers filmmakers, directors, production, and distribution companies a professional platform to present their films to a broad audience as well as to industry representatives. For six days, animation fans get a chance to watch and experience animated films, series, and games as well as VR and AR projects.
The festival will show the full spectrum of current animated film production with its intersections to visual effects, architecture, art, design, music, and games. The focus is on artistic animated film, innovative interactive and transmedia projects, and the promotion of young talents. Prize money of almost 70,000 € is awarded in the various competitions.
Submissions to the following competitions will be accepted until the date indicated:
- Trickstar Business Award – Prize for innovative business models in the animation field (call for entries November 2020 / closing date March 1, 2021)
- German Animation Screenplay Award – Award for the best screenplay for a German ani- mated feature-length film (Call for submissions October 2020 / Closing date February 1, 2021)
- Animated Games Award Germany – Award for an animation-based computer game with the best visual design and aesthetics from Germany (Call for entries December 2020 / Closing date February 1, 2021)
Additional information is available on the ITFS website.
Source: Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Films